Kittens + crocheting = run away yarn lol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
How do you keep an energetic kitten busy so they stop biting your yarn for attention? You make a curiosity box - one mailing box, and old mirror, some mardi gras beads, and some duct tape - and she will be playing for a while trying to get bottle caps, toy mice, milk rings, and broken clothes pins out of there for hours LOL uploadfromtaptalk1447463004307.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447463019765.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447463031991.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447463041006.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447463049194.jpg

LOL hope it helps her. She also has a cat bed I made from a a large box, a push pin, string, a box cutter, and an old cushion. You use the string n the push pin to draw circles on four sides, cut the circles out with the box cutter, drop the cushion in, fold the flaps closed, turn it upside down, and plop it in a corner. Silly cat loves it :)
uploadfromtaptalk1447471609361.jpg

Have you seen the T shirt and coat hanger houses for cats? Those are super smart.

Yes but I don't have wire hangers, so I went with what was available. I've seen some really cute ideas on pinterest :)

I would have also. Being able to make what you have on hand work to solve a problem always beats going out and buying something.

For sure :) I'm the queen of making stuff from nothing because I'm low income and don't have the extra cash to spend on what I think of as "unnecessary" items. I love repurposing so 99 times out of 100, you'll find me making something outta what looks like nothing :)

What a fantastic idea, you kitten looks like she is having so much fun! She's sooo cute as well!

I love repurposing too. We have such a throw away society nowadays and it's so incredibly wasteful. You get such a sense of achievement when you've made something out of nothing!

What a fantastic idea, you kitten looks like she is having so much fun! She's sooo cute as well!

I love repurposing too. We have such a throw away society nowadays and it's so incredibly wasteful. You get such a sense of achievement when you've made something out of nothing!

I feel the same way about the disposable thinking. I try hard to create as little trash as I can and am always picking up stuff others are tossing so I can re-use or repurpose it.. My friends and family tease me about it, but I don't mind the extra effort :)

I've bought many cat toys over the years, convinced that my cats would just love them.....not so much. lol Their favorite toys continue to be cardboard boxes and paper bags. They can amuse themselves for days. Happy crocheting!

For sure :) I'm the queen of making stuff from nothing because I'm low income and don't have the extra cash to spend on what I think of as "unnecessary" items. I love repurposing so 99 times out of 100, you'll find me making something outta what looks like nothing :)

Plus remember you are helping out our planet. :) I'm not low income yet, but soon will be. But I have always gone for recycling and reusing. It is a satisfying way of life. BTW, cute kitten. Wish I was not allergic, as I love those lil babies!

My SIL has cats, and their favorite toys, hands down, are these: cardboard boxes (any shape or size, it is hilarious to watch one try to sit in a box that is 4" x 4"), paper bags (the ones with the handles are the MOST favorite), milk rings, pens, any stray bit of yarn, etc.

The ones that sit unused in the corners are: anything bought in the pet store or department that is called a cat toy.

Back