Kittens! šŸ˜»

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Babyshoes

Reaction score
As I mentioned in the challenge thread, I've been a bit distracted from soaping this weekend because these cuties arrived. We're fostering them, but my partner really wants a kitten, so one of them will end up staying...

They'll be 7 weeks old tomorrow. I know that's a little young to be away from mum, but in rescue we can't always persuade the owners to keep them for long once they start eating on their own. At least they have eachother for comfort and company...

We think they're all boys, but vet trip during the week will confirm. No names yet, we've only just got the collars to be able to tell them apart...

Anyway, enjoy the kitten spam! šŸ˜

IMG_20220418_093320.jpgIMG_20220416_132947__01__01.jpgIMG_20220416_150341__01__01.jpgIMG_20220416_081213__01__01.jpgIMG_20220416_081159__01__01.jpg

I love kittens...then they grow up to be vicious beasts; knocking files off your desk, plopping on your keyboard, pulling stuff out of your purse, using you as pin cushion, sticking their butts in your face.

OMGosh! Truly adorable little guys! Brings back such fond memories. For over 10 years I taught animal science and our faculty had a MOU with a major shelter nearby. As such I hand reared and fostered over 200 orphaned kittens that came through the shelter. I don't miss making bottles, I don't miss the mountains of stinky kitty litter but I totally miss all of the shenanigans to be had with bundles of kittens šŸ„°. It was probably the most rewarding part of my job. Good on you for doing the whole fostering thing, it's not easy to find people to commit to doing this, especially when the kittens are orphans and you literally have to take them everywhere you go for the first 3 weeks of their life. Don't you love the whole "Kitten Dance of Intimidation"? They are so entertaining šŸ˜ŗšŸ˜ŗšŸ˜ŗ
Aahh! I totally have kitten envy right now šŸ˜

OMGosh! Truly adorable little guys! Brings back such fond memories. For over 10 years I taught animal science and our faculty had a MOU with a major shelter nearby. As such I hand reared and fostered over 200 orphaned kittens that came through the shelter. I don't miss making bottles, I don't miss the mountains of stinky kitty litter but I totally miss all of the shenanigans to be had with bundles of kittens šŸ„°. It was probably the most rewarding part of my job. Good on you for doing the whole fostering thing, it's not easy to find people to commit to doing this, especially when the kittens are orphans and you literally have to take them everywhere you go for the first 3 weeks of their life. Don't you love the whole "Kitten Dance of Intimidation"? They are so entertaining šŸ˜ŗšŸ˜ŗšŸ˜ŗ
Aahh! I totally have kitten envy right now šŸ˜

Oh wow! That's a lot of kittens! Thankfully, these guys are a bit older, so no need to take them everywhere, but they are still a handful!

They had their first checkup at the vet yesterday and all the nurses came in for kitten cuddles! šŸ¤£

They are definitely all boys, and one is about the right weight for their age, while the other 2 are quite tiny! Vet thinks they seem healthy apart from the squitty poo that's likely due to the change in food! We're going to slightly delay worming and vaccinations due to their size...

The adoption post is going up today for 2 of them, since they'll be ready for new homes after their vaccinations at around 9 weeks, so I tried to get good individual photos of the pair who always play together last night - see below. šŸ˜

If anyone close to Hertfordshire, UK is interested in adopting these 2 cuties as a pair, feel free to get in touch. They are hyper now, but are starting to love people and are shaping up to be lap cats! I've got all 3 sleeping on me as I type!
IMG_20220421_220024__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220421_220016__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220421_220354__01__01.jpg

Oh wow! That's a lot of kittens! Thankfully, these guys are a bit older, so no need to take them everywhere, but they are still a handful!

They had their first checkup at the vet yesterday and all the nurses came in for kitten cuddles! šŸ¤£

They are definitely all boys, and one is about the right weight for their age, while the other 2 are quite tiny! Vet thinks they seem healthy apart from the squitty poo that's likely due to the change in food! We're going to slightly delay worming and vaccinations due to their size...

The adoption post is going up today for 2 of them, since they'll be ready for new homes after their vaccinations at around 9 weeks, so I tried to get good individual photos of the pair who always play together last night - see below. šŸ˜

If anyone close to Hertfordshire, UK is interested in adopting these 2 cuties as a pair, feel free to get in touch. They are hyper now, but are starting to love people and are shaping up to be lap cats! I've got all 3 sleeping on me as I type!
View attachment 65992View attachment 65993View attachment 65994
šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

As I mentioned in the challenge thread, I've been a bit distracted from soaping this weekend because these cuties arrived. We're fostering them, but my partner really wants a kitten, so one of them will end up staying...

They'll be 7 weeks old tomorrow. I know that's a little young to be away from mum, but in rescue we can't always persuade the owners to keep them for long once they start eating on their own. At least they have eachother for comfort and company...

We think they're all boys, but vet trip during the week will confirm. No names yet, we've only just got the collars to be able to tell them apart...

View attachment 65781View attachment 65782View attachment 65783View attachment 65784View attachment 65785
Theyā€™re marvelous!! Sending blessings for everyone including you and your partner!!!

Can I join this spam? Here is my little rozbiynyk :)
View attachment 66519
Aww, gorgeous! How old is s/he? (I know most ginger cats are male, but you do get some females. Genetics is fascinating...)

My babies are 9 weeks old today, and growing like crazy! They're also getting more hyper, climbing curtains etc. More spam!

IMG_20220501_202939__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220430_160629__01__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220428_172736.jpg
IMG_20220430_155826__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220501_185412.jpg

I want a kitten. Mainly because Kitty Baby doesn't like other cats, but loves kittens. When we walked her past a house with kittens, she wanted to go nurture them. She had at least one or two litters before she was spayed according to her first owner, so I am guessing they were taken away too soon or she's just a natural mommy.

When I play kitten videos, she always comes running and searches for the kittens all around my phone, rubbing up against it, reaching for it, looking behind it and so forth.

My only worry is that once the kitten grew up, she would forget she loved it and not tolerate it anymore when fully grown. There are very few adult cats she is willing to tolerate.

I want a kitten. Mainly because Kitty Baby doesn't like other cats, but loves kittens. When we walked her past a house with kittens, she wanted to go nurture them. She had at least one or two litters before she was spayed according to her first owner, so I am guessing they were taken away too soon or she's just a natural mommy.

When I play kitten videos, she always comes running and searches for the kittens all around my phone, rubbing up against it, reaching for it, looking behind it and so forth.

My only worry is that once the kitten grew up, she would forget she loved it and not tolerate it anymore when fully grown. There are very few adult cats she is willing to tolerate.
Aww, bless her. Do you think you might manage fostering? That way, you can have a regular stream of kittens for her to care for.

View attachment 65781View attachment 65782View attachment 65783View attachment 65784View attachment 65785

A few weeks is a long time in a kitten's life. How are they now? Pics please!

A few weeks is a long time in a kitten's life. How are they now? Pics please!
But of course! They're doing well. šŸ˜Š

The adult cat in the photos is Mishka, who is playing gently like a good uncle should. When it gets too much, he retreats to the dining table, that the kittens can't get to yet. šŸ˜Š

IMG_20220504_150318__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220504_151039__01.jpg
IMG_20220504_150933__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220504_150837__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220504_150313__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220504_151247__01__01.jpg
IMG_20220504_150840.jpg

Aww, bless her. Do you think you might manage fostering? That way, you can have a regular stream of kittens for her to care for.
I travel too often to be a foster parent. I wasn't even sure I could travel with Kitty Baby, but she adopted us & I fell in love with her. Happily she travels very well. Originally my granddaugher, son & DIL were going to take her when I came back to Illinois after CoVid cut our time in San Antonio short. She hates my granddaughter's cat, tolerates the dog, but her lifestyle was so limited by her refusal to get along with Olive (the cat), and she was so depressed when I left her there, that I went back to Texas and brought her back home with me. She loves it here, even though she is a Texas cat. She loved it there, too, but only when she was in a single cat household.

Their eyes have changed color - they are going to be gorgeous.

Mishka is one handsome tux. You are felinely blessed.

Their eyes have changed color - they are going to be gorgeous.

Mishka is one handsome tux. You are felinely blessed.

Yes they have, though the chap with the blue collar (Blueberry) has pale aqua blue eyes which don't really show well in photos. I think he's going to be one stunning mini panther!

And thank you, although I think all my kitties are gorgeous, I do agree that Mishka is especially handsome!

Back