Kitchen soap recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbraneff

Reaction score
Hello,

I am curious if anyone makes kitchen soap bars. Currently, I only make body bars that are very high conditioning and leaves your skin feeling awesome. For a kitchen bar though you would expect it to be higher in cleansing. Is there a way to have a bar that is high in cleansing but does not dry your skin out or make it feel tight?

Thanks ahead for the help! I will be watching and waiting.

I would think that it might be possible, but you'll always have the issue that lye-based soaps clean by binding with oils. Bear in mind that you are making something very specific, not an every day soap. I don't use mine all the time but only when actually needed (my hands are really grubby)

I would try using lard. I use my laundry soap for cleaning the house and it has 50% CO and 50% lard or tallow with 0.5% SF. It's not the least bit drying to me, my family or friends, which I find really surprising. It just depends what your skin is happy with. I can only tolerate the higher CO with lard.

My kitchen soap is my normal recipe (20% CO) and works fine to clean my hands. I use coffee grounds and or fine pumice. The extra exfoliation helps with thick grease. The added benefit of using coffee grounds is that they are deodorising too!

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for the info. I will start experimenting to see what I can come up with.

Latest posts

Back