King of Monsters suggestions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImpKit

Certified Ocelot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey! So... I'm throwing around ideas in my head for a soap loosely inspired by Godzilla (specifically from the latest set of Monsterverse US produced movies). I have some colors in mind though I'm tinkering with the actual design and such.

But I cannot settle on a fragrance for this. So I was hoping you guys might have suggestions for fragrances that might say "Godzilla" to you.

A few things I want to eliminate just up front:
1) No beach / ocean scents (I don't tend to care for these and they just don't say "Godzilla" to me)
2) Nothing from Nature's Garden please.

Any help offered is greatly appreciated!

(I'm already considering Stainless Steel for an eventual Ghidorah soap. I may buy a sample of it to see; I'm hoping the "marine" notes in it are less pronounced...)

Ooh, I love this sort of problem. I had great fun putting together the fragrance for my Kryptonite soap recently (light and refreshing, but just a bit sinister 😁 )

What's the mood you're hoping to invoke here? To me Godzilla says: imposing, slightly dark, nature based but a little bit twisted... Would you agree? Or are there other aspects you want to bring forward?

Hmm... Godzilla is a not-so-benevolent but not mindless or needlessly destructive force of nature / balance. Uncontrollable. Dominant / alpha.
From a human perspective, chaotic and alarming. Dangerous.

I keep trying to hit up fruit smells (because I like those a lot personally) but nothing I find really "fits". >_<

The colors I am currently planning on using:
Snake Island -- main color; I think it fits Godzilla well
Satin Grey Pillowcase -- to mix with the above; I think the green is just a touch TOO green
Making Waves & Siren's Song -- representative, I think, in the right mix for his atomic breath as seen in Godzilla versus Kong & Godzilla: King of Monsters

Depending on the fragrance and it's performance, I am leaning towards an ITP swirl or maybe a drop swirl.

Ah, Godzilla! I grew up with both the villain Godzilla and the good Godzilla. My first thought for fragrance was something akin to the original Old Spice. Nuts, eh? Spicy dangerous. You don't want to get too close, it does its job, but isn't "needlessly" destructive/overbearing. [Top notes are Nutmeg, Star Anise, Aldehydes, Orange and Lemon; middle notes are Cinnamon, Carnation, Pimento, Geranium, Heliotrope and Jasmine; base notes are Benzoin, Musk, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Cedar and Ambergris]

I like your thought of the two colors mixed for Godzilla, as well as the mix for the breath in the two more modern movies!

Thinking about the citrus element (because I'm also a fan and shoehorn it into just about everything!) maybe a touch of lime? It's nice and sharp and fresh without being as friendly as some of the others. Or combine citrussy and herby and go with lemongrass for the top note and the rest as @Babyshoes proposes ?

I looked up what Godzilla eats, and found this:
The King of the Monsters wrote: Godzilla himself doesn't eat, he feeds on radiation. His species, on the other hand, is most likely omnivorous, as Godzilla Junior fed on plants and meat when he was young. Once he was a sub-adult, he even ate whales.
So since I have no idea what radiation smells like, I would probably look for something herbal, more like his species plant based kind of food.

Back