Kid's Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used Zany's No Slime Castile recipe to make a batch of kid's soap. I've been wanting to use this mold for a while. I used no colourant and they're scented with Dark Fruit FO.
20200510_141834.jpg

All broke off, unfortunately.
TIP: Stick the mold in the freezer for an hour. Take out and let it set for 5 minutes. Run warm water on the back of the mold while holding your hand under the soapies to feel when they're ready to drop. Unmold by gently releasing the soaps by pulling the mold away from the soap while pressing up with your fingers.

I don't know if that makes sense, but I trust you'll figure it out! 🤪

Oh! Be sure to lightly grease the molds before pouring. :thumbup:

TIP: Stick the mold in the freezer for an hour. Take out and let it set for 5 minutes. Run warm water on the back of the mold while holding your hand under the soapies to feel when they're ready to drop. Unmold by gently releasing the soaps by pulling the mold away from the soap while pressing up with your fingers.

I don't know if that makes sense, but I trust you'll figure it out! 🤪

Oh! Be sure to lightly grease the molds before pouring. :thumbup:
In this case, I really don't think it would have helped. The soap was pretty firm but the pieces are quite small. It didn't surprise me that they broke off.

Adorable, Misschief. I really like making kid soaps in unique molds like that. I don't really have enough little kids in the family to give them to either. But we do have some new babies in the family, so I can make some again soon. Oh, and after all these stay-at-home orders, we are bound for another baby-boom in a few months anyway, so there will be even more. Maybe I'll have a whole passel of grand nieces and grand nephews to give pretty shaped soaps to in the future.

Back