Kids Bath Bomb Party

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowan

Reaction score
It's my 6 year old daughters Birthday soon and she asked for a Frozen theme. We have to do the party on a budget at home, so I'm making most things. As well as the party games she'd like to make bath bombs and M&P soaps.

I'm a little nervous as I've never made my own products for anyone other than family or friends. If I do this I was going to use a very simple bath bomb recipe and upsize depending on how many kids come.

600g bicarb
300g citric acid
10g olive oil
Blue Bath bomb colour with a tiny amount silver cosmetic glitter
Minimal amount FO, 4.5g

Should I use FO? I have small nitrile gloves for the kids. Rather than a party bag with sweets, they could take home what they made.

Any advice would be appreciated. Has anyone else done this and do you have any tips?

I think bath bombs are a great idea but I know my daughter's attention span level very well: 0%. You might want to make them yourself. If you have a karaoke machine, I guess you could just have the kids sing their favorite songs or act out the movie as it's playing but I admit, that's something I used to do when I was 10 and under.

^^^perfect idea. A group of sixes will not be fun while making bath bombs and I would not have a group of sixes working with Hot m&p. This is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. I assume you do not have cosmetic insurance and it could be iffy if homeowners ins covers any accidents. They do love glitter, crayons, glue, etc for decorating with.

Love the bath salts idea - I'd call them something like "bath ice crystals" to keep with the theme. It's easy enough/fast enough to keep the kiddos' attention. You can even color bath salts with mica - though it can be messy so maybe not.

Espon Salts look like snow... so maybe let them mix ice salts and snow salts for a blend. Could have them layer in a plastic bottle themselves...

Gosh, I wish I was crafty when the kidlets were young!

Be prepared to do most of the work yourself. I did this with my granddaughter (almost 12) and my grandson (7). My gd was fine; my gs got bored very quickly.

I hear you. I've made bath bombs with my daughter and son. I do all the weighing ahead of time. They just mix the ingredients with me in a big bowl with a whisk and load a mould each with the mixture, so I do most of the work and they just do the fun bits so didn't get bored. I was probably lucky!

I think bath bombs are a great idea but I know my daughter's attention span level very well: 0%. You might want to make them yourself. If you have a karaoke machine, I guess you could just have the kids sing their favorite songs or act out the movie as it's playing but I admit, that's something I used to do when I was 10 and under.

I love the karaoke idea, we're going to be doing quite a few games such as pin the carrot nose on Olaf, Frozen gnomes (instead of statues), find the gnomes treasure hunt etc etc. My daughter would love Frozen Karaoke, she knows all the words! I do agree with you about the short concentration span of kids. If I did do the bath bombs, I would do most of the work.

I think 6 is awfully young for this. Especially more than one six year old! Maybe instead of a bath bomb, do bath salts. They can decorate a bag and then put the bath salts in there. Maybe have the option to add glitter or flower petals or something.

Thank you, I really love the idea of bath salts and decorating them. My daughter will love this too.

I hear you. I've made bath bombs with my daughter and son. I do all the weighing ahead of time. They just mix the ingredients with me in a big bowl with a whisk and load a mould each with the mixture, so I do most of the work and they just do the fun bits so didn't get bored. I was probably lucky!

Sounds like you were lucky. Well, if you're prepared for it, best wishes to you.

^^^perfect idea. A group of sixes will not be fun while making bath bombs and I would not have a group of sixes working with Hot m&p. This is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. I assume you do not have cosmetic insurance and it could be iffy if homeowners ins covers any accidents. They do love glitter, crayons, glue, etc for decorating with.

Thanks Cmzaha. I agree M&P is not a great idea. I couldn't think of a way for it to be interesting whilst I was doing all the work. Reading everyone's helpful comments has helped me make up my mind and I'll be doing bath salts instead.

Love the bath salts idea - I'd call them something like "bath ice crystals" to keep with the theme. It's easy enough/fast enough to keep the kiddos' attention. You can even color bath salts with mica - though it can be messy so maybe not.

Espon Salts look like snow... so maybe let them mix ice salts and snow salts for a blend. Could have them layer in a plastic bottle themselves...

Gosh, I wish I was crafty when the kidlets were young!

Thanks Snappy. I can't wait to try this now, never mind the kids! I think they will love it though. My daughter adores crafty things.

Back