Kid friendly leprechaun pranks?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm trying to cheer up our 8 year old. It's been a tough year for her as she's been sick all year with an undiagnosed illness; missing lots of school and playdates, lots doctor visits, etc.

Now she's home with a new virus and missing lots of fun stuff at school including a trip to the zoo.
She loves fairies and leprechauns....can you think of some mischevious (and inexpensive) pranks we can do to help keep her spirits up?

(We've done the colored toilet water and such before.)

I don't know any pranks, but you can make "Irish Potatoes" with her.

1/2 stick butter
1/2 pkg cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 lbs powdered sugar
Bag flaked coconut
Cinnamon

Blend softened butter & cream cheese until smooth, add vanilla and powdered sugar (save about 1 1/2 cups sugar), mix in the coconut. Shape into potatoes. (You may have to chill the dough first or make the spuds and then chill them a bit to firm them up.) Mix remaining sugar with cinnamon and roll the potatoes in it. The more cinnamon you add, the darker your spuds will be. Some people add a bit of cinnamon to the dough, but I never do. I just like about 2 tsp cinnamon in 1 1/2 cups sugar. I think that's a good blend. You can put them in a plastic ziplock an shake them to coat them.

They're either "Irish Potatoes" or "leprechaun turds." Take your pick. Whatever you call them, they're freakin' delicious and a staple of my Philadelphia childhood.

By-the-by, I'm sorry your little one is sick. I hope she gets well soon and you figure out what the underlying issue is so she stops getting sick so much.

Last edited:
I'm trying to cheer up our 8 year old. It's been a tough year for her as she's been sick all year with an undiagnosed illness; missing lots of school and playdates, lots doctor visits, etc.

Now she's home with a new virus and missing lots of fun stuff at school including a trip to the zoo.
She loves fairies and leprechauns....can you think of some mischievous (and inexpensive) pranks we can do to help keep her spirits up?

(We've done the colored toilet water and such before.)
My daughter has lots of ideas if you would like to pm me I could give you her phone number. We also have a pretty Fairy wand my daughter makes and we can you send you one. This is one thing you can do for Fairies.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0145FGH0M/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20. She does all kinds of things for her 7yr old like making Santa Steps on Christmas across the room

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the fairy footsteps. We did the same with Santa footsteps and icing sugar. My son tasted them. I thought for sure we'd been rumbled, but he excitedly told his younger sister that Santa's footprints are so magic, they taste sweet!

You could try writing fairy messages in miniature writing and leave them under her pillow at night.

I really hope you find out what's wrong with your daughters health and she feels better soon.

My daughter did Santa Steps by having dad put on boots and use ash from the fireplace and walked to the table with the cookies from the fireplace and back. Hardwood floors are great for such antics. She used cornstarch for fairy steps up a wall and down the floor. Actually ashes and cornstarch will work on carpet as long as it is not white carpet :)

Okay - all of the above have been accomplished so far this week and Leprechaun shenanigans continue since he can't return home to Ireland without his missing gold! He must be a clumsy little guy as he's left quite a trail of glittery footprint and gold nuggets around the house/yard.

Today the green rascal has brought out the Christmas decorations and tree but decorated it with Happy birthday day streamers and balloons.

Now, how did every single stuffed animal end up in the guinea pig cage - and just where did the guinea pigs go???

Quite a mystery our little girl is doing to have to solve when she get home! ;) (half day school today, and she was well enough to go)

Latest posts

Back