Kefir Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chalk Creek

Reaction score
I had to take a break from income taxes (blech) and make soap. I really wanted to try my new k. butter from the co-op. Also, I used kefir made from my goat milk (instead of fresh gm) for all of the liquid. This is a salt bar made in my great TOG mold. It has sea kelp granules and is scented with Vetiver, Bay, Lime essential oils. It's very coastal, and the theme for all my stuff is mountains. So am in need of a good name for it. So far, all I've come up with is "Inland Seas." I'd appreciate any ideas.
Kefirsoap.jpg

If you aren't familiar with kefir, it's a fermented milk product, similiar to yogurt, (but is better for several reasons) and has been made for centuries. When fermented over time it becomes carbonated with about 1-2% alcohol and is known as "The Champagne of Milk". I love it. It's easier to make than yogurt and is great for baking with, too. Here's more info if you're curious:
http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~dna/kef ... t-is-kefir

First, your soap looks absolutely lovely! Perfect shaped bars. Really nice job.
Second, your link to the information about the fermented kefir is intriguing! :idea: 8) I use fresh, but soured GM in my soaps and love what it does to my soap, just love it!

Thanks again and congratulations!

Paul

Thanks, Paul. Your mold is so great for the salt bars. I never made them much before getting it. Now, they're so easy.

Glad you liked the kefir link. It is a wonderful healthy product and has been around for centuries. The grains are living things and scientists keep trying but cannot replicate them or even determine where they came from. They are traditionally called a gift from God, I think they are.

your soap looks very nice and creamy, The ingredients also sound great.

Latest posts

Back