Keeping things sanitary

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitterMoonCo

Reaction score
I hope this is okay to post here since I am a beginner. For people who have pets and run your business at home, how do you keep things sanitary? I haven't started selling yet, just experimenting and designing stuff currently, but I'm afraid that I'll end up with a ton of pet hair in my stuff. Do you just have a separate room dedicated to product making that only humans are allowed in, do you keep a change of clothes in said room that don't come in contact with pets? Thanks for the help! =)

I have cats that are free to roam the house. The front living room is dedicated to our business. I always scrupulously clean everything with alcohol before I make anything and I vacuum every day. When I get ready to package soap I wipe each one carefully with a clean microfiber cloth and make sure that shipping supplies (boxes etc) are hair free before I ship anything.

Thats a excellent question. I'm one that thinks everything should be kept as clean & sanitary as possible. I do have 2 cats' when soaping they are put in a separate room or outside.
When I make soap all counters & bowels, utensils every thing is washed & cleaned then put away as soon as i'm done. Then every couple months I clean out my cupboards put down fresh shelf lining paper.
I cover my soap while its curing to avoid cat hair on soap' then once the soap is cured it's inspected for anything out of the ordinary like DOS' I then wipe soap down with a cloth to remove dust' hair & I'll shrink wrap & labeled soap I store them in a closet tell they go to their new homes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back