Keeping CP Soap in a gym bag?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndlyon

Reaction score
Hi All,

A friend asked, and I'm a bit stumped on this one. I made a soap that she considers an indulgence to use during her post-workout shower. She told me today that she keeps the bar in her gym bag. I'm not sure if she's using a soap keeper or a ziploc, but I'm sure she's not going to get the extra mile out of that soggy bar of CP soap.

It's a long shot (looking for a unicorn?), but is anyone aware of some kind of soap keeper or other gadget that would be suitable to keep in a gym bag but would also extend the life of the bar by letting it dry out? I've explained that she should take it out of the bag and store it properly between uses - just looking for something that's one less thing to worry about for this new mom :)

Thanks in advance!

I have a few college kids on my customer list, and they use the plastic soap box for traveling. It seems to work well for them to get from their room to the showers. I know Paige keeps hers in her "shower bag", which is probably going to be pretty close to the gym bag situation. My opinion, if it's not sitting in water it should dry out fine between uses as long as she's not keeping it in a plastic baggie.

Thanks so much, amd! I had an image of a soapy mess in a ziploc bag when she was talking about it...that didn't sound very indulgent! :) Thanks again - Guess I've found another storage method to add to my shelf-life testing.

I agree with amd. Shouldn’t be much of an issue. I have one I keep in a plastic soap case. It’s been in there about 4 months and nothing has happened to it. I use it when I travel north to visit my parents on the weekends.

As many of you know, I travel a lot, so I can add my 2 cents to this conversation. Like the others, I do use a plastic soap box for my travel soaps. But I also carry a soap lift/soap dish type thing that allows the soap to drain ligquid from it while in use when I am in hotels. I also sometimes put soap into a tiny plastic baggie if I have already packed my ditty bag and showered at the last minute.

The way I dry out the soap in the latter situation, and this can help your friend, is to use a towel or wash cloth to remove as much exterior moisture as possible before putting it into the baggie WITH the soap lift and zip-locking the baggie. There is apparently enough air inside the baggie and the soap lift to help dry out the soap inside the baggie during the travel day or days before I next open the baggie.

The other thing she could do, which I don't for travel, but do for mailing soaps, is to add one or two desiccant packets to the gym bag.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply! I'll pass along all of your comments. She's so busy and I didn't want to see her little bit of indulgent personal time go down the drain too quick ;) Thanks again!

IMG_1879 (1).JPG

This bar has traveled with me most of its life and has shared space with many items in a backpack, gym bag, bicycle panniers and my favorite old ditty bag. When wet I just leave it a little open and throw on a flat surface somewhere to let it dry a little. Sometimes it doesn't before its closed up and ready to move again. Hasn't been a problem other than having to replace a torn baggie. Would I be that casual if I paid $8-$10 for it? Maybe not,

Latest posts

Back