just made my first cp batch!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubato456

Reaction score
it was tons of fun! i weighed out my naoh and the world kept turning! i made the basic soap batch in the soap maker's companion, and added frankensense and myrrh fragrance, which i also warmed to about the same temp as the oils and the naoh solution. i couldn't believe how fast trace happened, or at least my understanding of it.....and then i poured! i used a big tuperware container as a mold and threw wrapped a few sheets of freezer paper over the top, but not touching the soap....i wonder, is it important for the freezer paper to touch the soap for some reason?

then i wrapped it all up in a big blanket.......i peeked just now for a second.....it looks, solid. a light tan color. i'm so excited....i can't wait for 24 hours to be up. i hope i'll be able to get it out of the tuperware and cut it into something resembling bars.

Way to go! The thrill never wears off, either!!! You are most certainly lost to the cause now!!!

Woohoo!!! That first batch is just sooooo exciting! Of course, I still get excited about every soap batch.... :wink:

Congrats and yes, welcome to the finest addiction available :D

Tanya :) [/i]

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. And the good news is that there are so many different things to try that you will get super excited about each soap you make!

Yay!! Congrats on your first soap! Post your pictures when you get it done, please. The first one is soooooo exciting! :D

No, it isn't necessary for your paper to touch the top of your soap. A little saran wrap, or something over the top just helps keep soda ash from forming on the surface. Good luck!

congrats, isnt it fun, i peek alot! sometimes i do hp in crock so i can use it faster.

we have bars!

i was able to get them out of the tuperware 'mold' i used.......really not much trouble, i flexed it a bit and flipped over and out the block popped! i was about 21 hours post pour. i didn't do a great job of cutting them ...i just grabbed a piece of scrap wood from the garage as a straight edge....i used one of those crinkle cut bar slicers i saw on the internet to give them that nice interesting edge. i separated them a bit and laid them on some plain brown paper.....no printing but a little bit stained. my daughter is supposed to bring me home some unused pizza boxes later tonite from her job at pizza hut. i saw somewhere on the internet that ppl use pizza boxes to protect their soaps while curing.

i'll try to get some pix later tonite. i have to find the camera, as i said, they are a bit uneven in my cutting.....but they are BARS! i was so worried they would be some uncongealed mess.......it worked. i have 12 big bars of vegan soap!!! that should last us quite a long time.....they have coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil, grapefruit seeds extract and some frankensense and myrrh fragrance (my essential oils arrived today! lavendar and yling ylang.....and more naoh. now i need to get more oils.....!)

im already planning my next batch of bars. i'd like to do something with green tea powder...i think that would be pretty.

thanks all for your encouragement!

Latest posts

Back