just joined the forum!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necoleb

Reaction score
Hi guys. My name is Necole. I am fairly new to soaping, I have about a dozen cold process soap recipe batches made. Today I tried my first hot process batch, and as I watch terrified as my oils seperate in the crock pot, I am reassuring myself by googling and watching videos. This brought me to the forum!
I appreciate all the soaping experts that take the time to post and share their knowledge, so I wanted to post and let you know! Thank you!

Welcome. Did you get your HP under control? I've it separate before, with enough stick blending, it will eventually stay together.

It did finally come together. It is sitting pretty in my mold now. I did have to stick blender it quite a bit. It cooked longer than necessary, as most videos I watched said "if it seperates, it will magically come back together..." hmmmmmmm.
My next project was going to be a cpop, but I think I will stick to cp for a bit longer now I have actually tried hp. I guess if I really need a bar of rustic soap in a couple weeks time, I would do hp again. I do like how the crock pot is full of beautiful bubbles and I can clean it right away.

Glad it all worked out. A bit of info though, HP needs to cure just as long as CP if not longer due to the higher amount of water normally used.

Back