Just got a post office refund for stolen merchandise! Yay!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishmish

Reaction score
A good farmer's market customer place a big order since we're not doing markets this year. She knew I'd made some limited edition felted baseball soaps and she got two for her boys. When the package was delivered, it had a huge hole in the side! Weirdly, only the two baseball soaps and a salt soap were stolen, the rest of the items (about $60 worth of soap) were still packed in a single layer in the bottom of the box. Her house is at the top of a steep set of steps so unlikely that it was a casual passerby - unless they were following the mailman on purpose, no one would even be able to see the package from street level. And who takes the time to open a box, remove part of the contents, and leave the rest there? I called the local post office delivery center and they said they'd call back but they never did. Instead of wasting time trying to talk to someone there, I filed a case online and about 10 days later I've received a refund for the stolen items. Which is pretty amazing, given their reputation for contesting claims. This is my second refund - the first one I had to escalate up to the Postmaster General's office. It's important to document, take pictures, and be persistent! Just wanted to share. :)

Attachments

• baseball soaps procedure (2).jpg
    baseball soaps procedure (2).jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for sharing the positive story. And wow, what awesome soaps!! If you have a site where those are for sale, can you share it? I know some folks who would flip for that!

A good farmer's market customer place a big order since we're not doing markets this year. She knew I'd made some limited edition felted baseball soaps and she got two for her boys. When the package was delivered, it had a huge hole in the side! Weirdly, only the two baseball soaps and a salt soap were stolen, the rest of the items (about $60 worth of soap) were still packed in a single layer in the bottom of the box. Her house is at the top of a steep set of steps so unlikely that it was a casual passerby - unless they were following the mailman on purpose, no one would even be able to see the package from street level. And who takes the time to open a box, remove part of the contents, and leave the rest there? I called the local post office delivery center and they said they'd call back but they never did. Instead of wasting time trying to talk to someone there, I filed a case online and about 10 days later I've received a refund for the stolen items. Which is pretty amazing, given their reputation for contesting claims. This is my second refund - the first one I had to escalate up to the Postmaster General's office. It's important to document, take pictures, and be persistent! Just wanted to share. :)
Glad to hear they made it right. Adorable soaps! ❤️

Thanks for sharing the positive story. And wow, what awesome soaps!! If you have a site where those are for sale, can you share it? I know some folks who would flip for that!
My website kind of sucks, it's very dated and some of the links aren't working. My daughter is working on a new one for me on a different website builder.

Thanks for the compliment, I had fun making them. The scent is leather (for the glove), dirt (infield), grass (outfield) and oak wood (for the bat, even though my husband tells me they're made of ash or maple!) My family was big into baseball, so Little League and softball games were a big part of summer growing up.

Back