Just curious.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha.b89

Reaction score
Do you guys use up your whole soap bar before picking out a new one from your stash? Or do you switch it up before finishing? It’s killing me! I want to try one of my newly cured bars so badly, but I still have a little bit of my last bar in the shower. I know it’s good if a bar lasts a long time, but it feels like it takes forever when you have something to look forward to. :lol:
Is this a newbie soaper problem? It’s just all so exciting!

I feel obligated to rotate the soaps (they have to dry between uses after all ;)).

I have 2 in use in my bathroom and about 5 or 6 in reserve (let me see ... a tester on the window sill in the sun, the same on a tray in the shade, another soap that is very mild, a salt bar, two soleseifes, a soap I don't like that I really should toss but haven't yet, two little stubs and the other peoples soaps lol).

And that's the tidy version (I'm trying to cut down ;)).

What Cellador said! We have sometimes up to 6 bars in the shower at one time, we also have a bar of soap at each sink in the house :)
That’s us too!! Why settle for just one? I sometimes use more than one during a single wash/shower experience. I compare lather, scent,feel. My own little consumer report - right in the shower. Ha!

It depends on where I am in the soapmaking process. Right now I have well cured soaps and some still curing. I am only using one right now. When those new soaps get cured, however, I will have as many as 8 end pieces floating around the shower. My shower caddy and soap holder only hold 8, so if I am happy with one, I will rotate it out and bring in a new one.

I kinda figured I had to many bars in the shower when my suctioned soap dish kept falling down (well one of them any way, I had bought another one and was thinking I should get one more :) ) I am outa control aaaaaaaaaaargh---but super clean

I am Ditto to @SaltedFig , one of someone else soap, 2 salt bars (just because I wanted to even out the top of the rack lol ) 2 scented soaps and 1 trial of a new non-scented gentle soap that is a few weeks old.

I keep 1 salt bar and 1 non-salt bar in the shower. The non salt bar is usually Dragon's Blood. Kitchen sink is a different matter, I have a bowl with a wood soap deck on the bottom and have 5 or 6 bars in the bowl.

I have only one or two in the shower at a time - that's all my little corner shelf will hold. But in the bathroom closet, I have a box of probably a dozen. I use a soap for a few days, then switch it for something else once it has dried. Hubby also has a box in the closet, but he's boring. He uses a soap until it is literally a crumb before getting a new one.

I have only one or two in the shower at a time - that's all my little corner shelf will hold. But in the bathroom closet, I have a box of probably a dozen. I use a soap for a few days, then switch it for something else once it has dried. Hubby also has a box in the closet, but he's boring. He uses a soap until it is literally a crumb before getting a new one.

I steal my hubby's soap and put the one I want him to try in its place.

Hi all, I’m a very newbie soaper. I only started soaping at Christmas when I had a bucket of oils and lye given to me at Christmas. So I’ve been experimenting with those.

I now have about 8 bars of soap in a little dish by the kitchen sink and 4 bars in the bathroom! I’m naughty in that I start using some bars before they’re fully cured...I can’t wait the 4 weeks to try them . Just loving the whole science around soaping and am watching soooo many videos. I think my other half is starting to regret buying me that set of oils as I’m totally hooked .

I have like 10 bars in the shower. I like have a large selection.

I notice which ones we are reaching for the most. If I have a bar hang around for too many month, I know its subpar recipe or scent.

Actually, its time to rotate out some of the bars that never get used. I'll give away any remaining bars of that variety I have in storage.

I rotate smaller bars to sink-side for hand washing. Absolute favorites, I will use up to the very end in the bath, but for testing purposes, I rotate different bars of soap for bathing. I keep my soap outside the shower because they don't dry well between uses with the way our shower is set up.

Latest posts

Back