Just Checking...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wear an apron. I have four of them at the moment... but looking at that pattern you shared, I need someone to make me a fifth!

I always wear an apron. I have four of them at the moment... but looking at that pattern you shared, I need someone to make me a fifth!
I have so many aprons - I think 21 was the last count. Do you think I wear aprons when soaping??? LOL
I never even think about it until it's too late.

I'm typically pretty good about not getting oils/soaping debris on me, but it'd be the one time I was wearing something that I truly didnt' want to ruin that it would happen, so I always either wear clothes it doesn't matter, or my specific soaping clothes.

I have ruined some sweatshirts with lye but the oils are no problem just spray with carb spray and throw in the wash. an apron wouldnt be a bad idea though

Last edited:
Cross back aprons saved my neck when I was a cook and spending long hours over a cutting board. They can be a bit more expensive to buy, but the ones I bought online are much sturdier than the basic loop aprons restaurants will give their employees. And they just feel that little bit cuter, don't they? I like the look of that pattern. I have a machine (well, my partner does), but I think even I could handsew that in an evening. The big wide straps look very boho, and probably solve my dilemma I was about to bring up about aprons: how do you wash them in top-loaders without the dang straps getting stuck under/around the agitator? Do I need to bite the bullet and get one of those mesh bags for delicates in the washer?

Cross back aprons saved my neck when I was a cook and spending long hours over a cutting board. They can be a bit more expensive to buy, but the ones I bought online are much sturdier than the basic loop aprons restaurants will give their employees. And they just feel that little bit cuter, don't they? I like the look of that pattern. I have a machine (well, my partner does), but I think even I could handsew that in an evening. The big wide straps look very boho, and probably solve my dilemma I was about to bring up about aprons: how do you wash them in top-loaders without the dang straps getting stuck under/around the agitator? Do I need to bite the bullet and get one of those mesh bags for delicates in the washer?
Mine never get stuck and I just have the basic apron with a loop neck and long strings tied at the back.

Latest posts

Back