Just beautiful buns/muffins

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
After baking that bread yesterday, I explored artisan bread on Pinterest. It makes me want to open a bakery...all that beautiful bread! And I found this.......creation. I had to use Google Translate, and they call it "buns" in one place, and "muffins" in another. It seems to be some kind of yeasted sweetbread. But look at how it's formed. I can imagine taking it from the oven, pulling it apart and drizzling it with honey, or smearing it with butter. But first, I'd just look at it for a long while. Soooo pretty. What do you think?

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/irishka26rus/post317584166/
(Sorry, even when I put in the translated version url, it comes out untranslated.)

After baking that bread yesterday, I explored artisan bread on Pinterest. It makes me want to open a bakery...all that beautiful bread! And I found this.......creation. I had to use Google Translate, and they call it "buns" in one place, and "muffins" in another. It seems to be some kind of yeasted sweetbread. But look at how it's formed. I can imagine taking it from the oven, pulling it apart and drizzling it with honey, or smearing it with butter. But first, I'd just look at it for a long while. Soooo pretty. What do you think?

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/irishka26rus/post317584166/
(Sorry, even when I put in the translated version url, it comes out untranslated.)

Just lovely. Judging by the recipe it is very similar to a Vanilla Brioche, which is a yeasty treat with lots of sweetness, more sweet than a regular brioche, and also containing vanilla. I think the use of the word "muffins" in this case is a google-translate thing : P

That looks so cool (and yummy)! I've never thought to shape the dough like that. I'll have to try doing that one of these days.

IrishLass :)

Just lovely. Judging by the recipe it is very similar to a Vanilla Brioche, which is a yeasty treat with lots of sweetness, more sweet than a regular brioche, and also containing vanilla. I think the use of the word "muffins" in this case is a google-translate thing : P

OMG, vanilla brioche! Well that just sounded so good that I had to investigate further, and look what I found. http://thevanillabeanblog.com/2015/11/pumpkin-spice-braided-brioche-knots.html No, not vanilla brioche, but you know how it is when you go looking for something on the internet, and you take a side road...well, this is what was waiting for me down that road. These are made using the same technique as the pane bianco, by rolling and then slicing the roll with scissors, and shaping it, although this shape looks even more ambitious. I want one!

The version I've used for years that came from my grandmother is very similar. It's a wonderful flaky, slightly sweet, hint of vanilla treat. The dough recipe can also be used to make makovník (poppy seed roll) and orechovník (ground walnut roll) breads.

The dough recipe can also be used to make makovník (poppy seed roll) and orechovník (ground walnut roll) breads.

Are those the same (or similar) as potica? I recently started making potica once a year using my hubby's family recipe. The dough is rolled paper thin and then spread with a mixture of ground walnuts, ground raisins, cinnamon and honey before being rolled up and baked.

Yes, depending on the recipe it's the process I use to make them. I don't use the honey, but I think that's because great gram used the vanilla sugar in the dough and didn't want it to be too sweet. I think the fillings were always what she had on hand...lol...my favorite is the poppy seed though.

Are those the same (or similar) as potica? I recently started making potica once a year using my hubby's family recipe. The dough is rolled paper thin and then spread with a mixture of ground walnuts, ground raisins, cinnamon and honey before being rolled up and baked.

Latest posts

Back