Just a Newbie from Kentucky

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRBerns

Reaction score
Hey Y'all

I've dabbled with melt and pour on and off over the last year and I want to learn more! I dont think I'm ready for hot or cold process yet though...

I have so many questions about bases, suppliers, fragrances, and additives. I cant wait to learn from everyone i.p.oexperience! ( I might need help with some lingo) ;p

Howdy from Colorado USA! There are many Newbies and Semi-newbies here so you are in good company. You might want to take some time to read info posted on the Beginner's Forum -- especially the Stickies. There's lots of good information there to help you.

Once you create or find a recipe you'd like to try, plan on making a small 1 pound (500 grams) batch. Run the recipe through a calculator like SoapCalc first. Then you can get feedback by starting a new thread on the Recipe Feedback Forum (non-soap items too).

If you have problems, feel free to contact our Administrators by clicking on their names or avatars: Angie, Irish Lass, Relle, lsg, Shunt 2011

And to save time, money, and frustration, this is a good read for a soaper at your stage of experience:

Q: What advice would you give to your beginning soaping self?

Latest posts

Back