Just a Little Bit Excited

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My mother sent each of us kids (6 of us) a monetary gift and, after conferring with my husband, we decided I could spend it on my little soap company. There are a couple of things I've been lusting after but couldn't justify. Well, today my KD-8000 scale arrived and later this week, I'll be the proud owner of a loaf cutter and a proper soap cutter (single bar).

Now all I need is the inspiration to make more soap. Yup, I'm a little bit excited!

My mother sent each of us kids (6 of us) a monetary gift and, after conferring with my husband, we decided I could spend it on my little soap company. There are a couple of things I've been lusting after but couldn't justify. Well, today my KD-8000 scale arrived and later this week, I'll be the proud owner of a loaf cutter and a proper soap cutter (single bar).

Now all I need is the inspiration to make more soap. Yup, I'm a little bit excited!

Congratulations. I was so exited the first time I used my single-bar cutter...10 perfect bars of soap!

@Misschief congrats! I’ve also received a monetary gift from my mother with the support to work on a new project so everything I’m purchasing right now is because of her love and continued support! I can’t wait to be able to gift her some different soaps once I start exploring all the possibilities!

@Misschief congrats! I’ve also received a monetary gift from my mother with the support to work on a new project so everything I’m purchasing right now is because of her love and continued support! I can’t wait to be able to gift her some different soaps once I start exploring all the possibilities!
It feels special, doesn't it?

Here's my new equipment, and there's one more item still coming.

A KD8000 scale, a loaf cutter and a bar cutter. Still coming is a corner beveler. It should be here on Friday.

DSCN1890.JPG DSCN1891.JPG DSCN1893.JPG

It feels special, doesn't it?

Here's my new equipment, and there's one more item still coming.

A KD8000 scale, a loaf cutter and a bar cutter. Still coming is a corner beveler. It should be here on Friday.

View attachment 44159
Make sure you put the covers on the KD8000. It is so easy to spill stuff and scatter random drops onto your beautiful new scale. I have one, it is fabulous.

Oh yes, Mischeff make sure you put on the covers. You should see my poor KD 8000's. I just cannot be bothered with covers. :lol: Hey, they work just fine and have for at least 9 yrs now. The one with
the bottle on it was the scale for the m&p that my daughter used. It survived a tad better than mine. Yep, it is best to use the covers that come with it. Picture 2 is what happens when you drop it on the floor. :hairpulling: But they hold up fantastic thru all the abuse. :dance:

20200227_164820[1].jpg 20200227_164836[1].jpg 20200227_164904[1].jpg

Make sure you put the covers on the KD8000. It is so easy to spill stuff and scatter random drops onto your beautiful new scale. I have one, it is fabulous.
I'll keep the cover on it even though I could see it becoming a bit of a nuisance but it also came with some smaller plastic covers that I assume I could tape on... maybe?

Oh yes, Mischeff make sure you put on the covers. You should see my poor KD 8000's. I just cannot be bothered with covers. :lol: Hey, they work just fine and have for at least 9 yrs now. The one with
the bottle on it was the scale for the m&p that my daughter used. It survived a tad better than mine. Yep, it is best to use the covers that come with it. Picture 2 is what happens when you drop it on the floor. :hairpulling: But they hold up fantastic thru all the abuse. :dance:

View attachment 44180 View attachment 44181 View attachment 44182
They look well used, cmzaha! Good to know that they'll last me a long time!

I'll keep the cover on it even though I could see it becoming a bit of a nuisance but it also came with some smaller plastic covers that I assume I could tape on... maybe?
I use a little plastic cover that came with it that I have out at about 45 degrees so I can press the buttons but still protect them from spills from above

Latest posts

Back