Just a fun tester batch :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motherhues

Reaction score
I saw a website with this cool layered soap with PERFECTLY straight layers and had to give it a try...

I should have known that me and straight things don't work... i can't sew a straight line, can't cut a straight line... can't walk a straight line, LOL... but I think the soap came out pretty.

This was a "getting back into soaping after a baby hiatus" so I wasn't too concerned with how "good" it would be so I just played with this batch. I accidently dumped too much parsley powder (makes a good natural green colorant) in and got deep moss green which I am sure will make a mess in the soap dishes of america but oh well;)

Top layer is parsley powder with clary sage, middle layer is lavender with alkanet powder (again, oops, got too much, lol) and the bottom layer is only colored with german chamomile essential oil and spearmint essential oil :)

then I just scooped the excess into a bunch of small molds i had around the house :) The massage bar is clary sage and patchouli, the others and random amounts of the above scents ;)
soapamitywo2.jpg

:)
twilightsoapzn0.jpg

oops, I edited to add some cut bars ;) you know, made them all even n stuff ;)

thanks for looking!
Selena
mom of 3
Cold Process Soaper for 12 years off an on :)

:D thanks everyone :) I have been making soap every few days since then :) Have a nice big stockpile coming along.. getting ready for the holidays and all :)

lotsasoapsqo6.jpg

:D

wheeeee

smellitlikeitis said:
I like that swirl one at the end.. that looks yummy!
thanks!

it REALLY is yummy!

the swirl is cocoa, of course ;) and I put a little bit of cinnamon in the lighter part, then the scent is Mostly patchouli with a little nutmeg Eo...

fabulous :) sweet and rich and just GOOD :D

x

personally, i LOVE the "stone slab" look of the soap! it looks just like it came out of a quarry and polished! it has a very natural beauty- i give it a "10"! DON"T CHANGE A THING!

you do very nice work! great job on all your soaps!

monet

Back