June SMF Challenge- sci-fi themed soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I can kick the last bit of this cold I’ll make something. I mentioned in the gripe thread about it. If I can think of a simpler m&p idea I’ll make it. Brain fog isn’t helped by sick. I might have one idea but timing might be prohibitive. Still thinking though.

I’m impressed with the entries so far. Don’t know if my ideas are up to the challenge

well, I was going to do a farscape soap, but I will not have the time.... but I did do another one, so I will post that one.

Interesting challenge. Sounds fun. I actually made an "Alien Landscape" soap earlier this month. I've been fascinated with landscapes and hybrid (Melt and Pour/CP) soaps for a few months; so, I wanted to do something that combined the two in a simple way. I've been away from the forum for a long while, and don't know if posting a pic of it here would offend anyone or violate protocol ... But, it came out as a very interesting looking soap.

Interesting challenge. Sounds fun. I actually made an "Alien Landscape" soap earlier this month. I've been fascinated with landscapes and hybrid (Melt and Pour/CP) soaps for a few months; so, I wanted to do something that combined the two in a simple way. I've been away from the forum for a long while, and don't know if posting a pic of it here would offend anyone or violate protocol ... But, it came out as a very interesting looking soap.

Post it!! If not here, then at least in the photo gallery. And nice to see you again!

I called this soap "Jupiter Moon". This was right after the cut. The soap was still a little soft. I didn't gel because of the Melt and Pour "moon" and not wanting it to melt.

Attachments

• jupiter moon.jpg
    jupiter moon.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 50
Now I want to know what the plan for the farscape soap was going to be!

Well, I had bought one of those papers for soap that you can print, so I planned to have the characters on each bar with its correspondents colors. But I ran out of ink, and since I am moving, I do not want to buy more stuff.

Still thinking if I was just to adhere to thin MP and carved around to incorporate it on CP ....

I called this soap "Jupiter Moon". This was right after the cut. The soap was still a little soft. I didn't gel because of the Melt and Pour "moon" and not wanting it to melt.

That is gorgeous! I love hybrid soaps!

Well, I had bought one of those papers for soap that you can print, so I planned to have the characters on each bar with its correspondents colors. But I ran out of ink, and since I am moving, I do not want to buy more stuff.

Still thinking if I was just to adhere to thin MP and carved around to incorporate it on CP ....

That is gorgeous! I love hybrid soaps!

Thank You! I plan to get some more molds for melt and pour so I can play with this technique some more. It's really fun and different from what I usually do.

I had a stargate soap idea that I'd still like to make at some point when I get some time. Unfortunately haven't been able to soap at all this month so no entry for me this time :(

Great soap and welcome back commoncenz.

I am so sorry Newbie I won’t have time to post an entry this month. I really liked the idea but I ran out of time.

Back