June SMF Challenge- sci-fi themed soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THIS FIRST (and ALL Rules)-

General Rules:
1. The only members eligible to vote are those with their names on the sign up list - regardless of whether or not you have submitted an entry.

2. This month’s voting will be password locked. Passwords will be PM'ed to registered participants ONLY. So please check your PM's when the voting begins.

3. No posting your entry photos until the entry thread is made. Non entry photos are very welcome!

4. You are allowed to change your entry photo up until the entry thread closes. So if you decide after you post your entry you want another try, and you like the second better, you can change it up until the deadline.

SMF Challenge General Rules
· To enter you must have a minimum of 50 posts and been a member for a month (sorry but no exceptions on this)
· Please add your name to the sign up list if you wish to participate (however, you don’t have to enter a soap at the end if you don’t feel happy with what you have produced)
· The challenge thread should be used to upload pictures of any of your challenge attempts where you can ask for advice and discuss the technique with other members.
· Constructive criticism is welcomed, but please try to keep your comments polite.
· Competition entries must be uploaded to the separate entry thread before the closing date. The thread will open on June 20, 2018 (Please follow the challenge specific rules as to what you need to enter)
· After the closing date June 27, 2018 the winning entry will be chosen using survey monkey and the winner announced on June 30, 2018. There is no prize attached to this challenge.
· If you fail to make the challenge deadline, you are still welcome to upload your soap onto the thread, but your entry will not be eligible for voting. We still love to see anything you have produced.
· Even though there is no prize, this is still a competition. If your entry is deemed not to fulfil the general rules or the rules specific to the challenge in any way, then you will be given the opportunity to amend your entry. If this is not possible then your entry will not be included in the voting.
· All the challenge mods reserve the right to have the final say on whether a soap is eligible for for voting.

I received a special request for a challenge, which is a bit of a riff on the Un-challenge. This is not a technique challenge at all. Pull out the stops of your creativity because your job this month is to make a soap based on your sci-fi.....thing... of choice. It could be a movie, a series, a game, a character, the theme music, a setting or whatever your favorite part of that sci-fi thing is. You choose how to make your soap reflective of it, in whatever way your inner creative genius tells you to.

You can make a single bar, a batch in whatever mold you choose, use as many or as few colors as you wish, embeds are fine, M&P is fine, it's all fine as long as it is soap and made by you in this theme.

HAVE FUN!!!

Last edited:
Sign-up

1. Soapprentice - May the force be with us all for this challenge .. ;)
2. PenelopeJane - To boldly go where no one has gone before...;)
3. Serene- HLEP!

Sign-up

3. Serene- HLEP!
4. BattleGnome - ....more of a fantasy person but I think I can figure it out

3. Serene- HLEP!
5. Snappyllama... Star trekkin' across the universe. Always going forward 'cause I can't find reverse!

3. Serene- HLEP!
5. Snappyllama... Star trekkin' across the universe. Always going forward 'cause I can't find reverse!
6. dibbles - ruh-roh

3. Serene- HLEP!
6. dibbles - ruh-roh
7. Redhead1226 - Oh boy!

3. Serene- HLEP!
6. dibbles - ruh-roh
7. Redhead1226 - Oh boy!
8. I don't really have time .... but is SCIENCE FICTION!

So I am wondering what people here preference are: Star Wars or Star Trek? Pick one!

Last edited by a moderator:
3. Serene- HLEP!
6. dibbles - ruh-roh
7. Redhead1226 - Oh boy!
9. scard- into an area which we call the Twilight Zone :eek:

1. Soapprentice - May the force be with us all for this challenge .. [emoji6]
3. Serene- HLEP!
6. dibbles - ruh-roh
7. Redhead1226 - Oh boy!
9. scard- into an area which we call the Twilight Zone [emoji33]
10. Amd - my husband says I must do Guardians of the Galaxy. I have no idea what that means...

I currently can't use the copy function on my mouse. Could someone please copy the list and put SunRise's name on number 8 and also add Zolveria to the list? Thanks!

New mouse on the way but I'm afraid I'll forget.

1. Soapprentice - May the force be with us all for this challenge ..
emoji6.png

3. Serene- HLEP!
6. dibbles - ruh-roh
7. Redhead1226 - Oh boy!
8. SunRiseArts-I don't really have time .... but is SCIENCE FICTION!
9. scard- into an area which we call the Twilight Zone
emoji33.png

10. Amd - my husband says I must do Guardians of the Galaxy. I have no idea what that means...
11. Zolveria

Alas, I can't play, but the most memorable sequence in a sci-fi movie for me was watching Richard Dreyfuss totally obsessed with sculpting Devil's Tower in Close Encounters of the Third Kind... he coulda carved a bar of Ivory! LOL
Devil's Tower.jpg

emoji6.png

3. Serene- HLEP!
6. dibbles - ruh-roh
7. Redhead1226 - Oh boy!
emoji33.png

11. Zolveria
12. Traumabrew

Oh dear, I'm not good at these open ended ones. Not that creative but here goes nothing ...

emoji6.png

3. Serene- HLEP!
6. dibbles - ruh-roh
7. Redhead1226 - Oh boy!
emoji33.png

11. Zolveria
12. Traumabrew
13. Primrose

Latest posts

Back