July Soapmaking Forum Challenge - Mythological Creatures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I tell you what, if my third attempt doesnt work out, I think I'll take up golf!

Here is my first failed attempt. This was supposed to be a phoenix inspired soap in predominantly red, orange and yellow with a hint of black and white through it. I used the cosmic wave technique (first time). Scented with BB Energy. It was bright and beautiful when poured and then the micas all went screwy. I should have known because I've been disappointed with micas from this supplier in the past. And this is a really terrible photo too.
1532695031182..jpg

And his is my second failed attempt, which was supposed to be a sculpted layer unicorn however I calculated wrong and didn't have enough soap for the first layer. I liked the swirl but unfortunately disappointed in the micas again
1532695243961..jpg

Gosh these photos are rubbish! Think I need a new phone

Primrose
Sorry your creative intentions weren’t met but good on you for trying.

I didn’t get an entry in this month again! :(
My mica obsession has good mica here in Oz but she hasn’t made samples to show you how they work in CP soap.

Thanks PJ :)

Yes I usually use MMO micas, I have picked these up from a local supplier while waiting for postage from MMO which can take a while ... And apparently I'm not quick at learning LOL

Primrose, how disappointing when the micas don't do what you expected or hoped. But Kudos for making the efforts.

My entry will probably not happen either. I worked on my concept design, revised it and actually started some of the components, but things went awry two days ago with some of my plans. The soap batter wasn't co-operating at all, so I went another direction and just used it for other soap. As it turns out, I could still use some of it, as my plan includes mosaic pieces and some came out usable. But I'd still have to put it together today & there's no way I could get it cut in time.

I may finish it anyway, or not. I am just not sure at this point.

I am ahead of most people in my time zone so I will create the survey now and I will post it when it is tomorrow morning for me and add any other entries that make it over the line in the next few hours. Good luck everyone :)

I am so happy I didn’t have time to do anything after looking at everyone’s entries. I feel super inadequate. My plan was an ITP swirl in individual molds and hopefully not screwing up a piped 2d image.

Everyone did stunning work. I’m not sure I’ll be able to vote

Scard, I am so in love with your dragon, it is so tender, peaceful, and beautiful.

Here is the survey link, I am sorry it's so late. I had terrible picture adding issues so I had to wait for my husband to come home and fix it for me and he dutifully obliged bless him! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/7JXTXPX - the password is myth I know I am supposed to PM you all but my membership rights only allow me to message one person at a time every 60s so I normally sit there for ages doing it all, but we are having a heatwave and I honestly don't have it in me to sit here for hours sweating away with no air con. Please only vote if your name is on the sign up list.

Latest posts

Back