July Soapmaking Forum Challenge - Mythological Creatures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unicorn MP Soap :) Smells of lemon and ginger.

Unicorn MP Soap (1).JPG
Unicorn MP Soap (2).JPG

I"m new here and just curious, will all the entries be posted in this thread? I'm really looking forward to what everyone creates!

Well... I have all my pieces done! I just need to get it assembled into one soapy creation (er, I guess 4 soapy creations as technically this will become 4 soap bars). My daughter helped me with the M&P pieces last week, and I got them assembled with the CP pieces over the weekend. I think tonight will be the night it all comes together.

Yesterday I told my husband my plans for the soaps I will make this week, this one and another, and he came up with a question that shows that he really does think through the making process and engineering. I told him I was going to use a slab mold and he asked if my 'creature' was going to be the entire mold or for each individual bars. Then he said it would be great to have, or did it exist already, a set of dividers to insert into the slab mold to define the individual bars. So his mind just naturally goes to the design or engineering of things. Not surprising since he did major in engineering in college, even though that is not his field of work.

Anyway, plans are afoot.

Yay! My first attempt at my entry is in the mold! Hoping this will be the only run I have to make at it because it was a lot of fiddly work to get the embeds made. I can't wait to see all the mythical creatures that everyone came up with :)

I plan on making mine on Thursday when Hubby goes back to work. I just prefer making my creations with him out of the house, although I don't mind discussing it with him. Maybe one of these days I will include him in the actual process, but so far I just haven't felt like I want him around while I am doing the actual soap making.

I have my idea but I need to buckle down and do it. It’s my Friday, so I hope I’ll get it done in the next few days (I haven’t soaped in almost 3 months!)

I don’t know what I’ll do if my piping doesn’t work right. I don’t want to deal with cutting but I only have one multiple cavity silicone mold. I do have some cupcake molds, I’m just not feeling that shape lately. Maybe I’ll finally use all the ice cube molds I bought for embeds for soap, I think I’ve used most of them for chocolate instead :p

I have my first one done, but it's not a dragon-- I kept it simple this time. I probably won't try again, but we'll see how ambitious I feel.

Thank you Saponista. I was going to give it another try, but do not have time, so I will post what I made.

Artemis, this might help! I know is not for soap, and more elaborate, but it might spark your imagination :)

When it is time to post entries, a separate thread will be opened. And also Welcome :)
Will the people listed be alerted to the new thread? I've never done a challenge before on this forum, so am unsure of how it works. - and only come here lately about 2-3 times a week, since my day job is so hectic right now.

Will the people listed be alerted to the new thread? I've never done a challenge before on this forum, so am unsure of how it works. - and only come here lately about 2-3 times a week, since my day job is so hectic right now.
It usually just shows up just like any other new thread and there will be a link at the top of the page, just like there is for the June entry (if your on a computer, that is. On the app, it just shows up in the unread threads)

It usually just shows up just like any other new thread and there will be a link at the top of the page, just like there is for the June entry (if your on a computer, that is. On the app, it just shows up in the unread threads)
Okay, thank you. I might miss it, but I'll try to pay attention. :)

Back