July Soapmaking Forum Challenge - Mythological Creatures

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THIS FIRST (and ALL Rules)-

General Rules:
1. The only members eligible to vote are those with their names on the sign up list - regardless of whether or not you have submitted an entry.

2. This month’s voting will be password locked. Passwords will be PM'ed to registered participants ONLY. So please check your PM's when the voting begins.

3. No posting your entry photos until the entry thread is made. Non entry photos are very welcome!

4. You are allowed to change your entry photo up until the entry thread closes. So if you decide after you post your entry you want another try, and you like the second better, you can change it up until the deadline.

SMF Challenge General Rules
· To enter you must have a minimum of 50 posts and been a member for a month (sorry but no exceptions on this)
· Please add your name to the sign up list if you wish to participate (however, you don’t have to enter a soap at the end if you don’t feel happy with what you have produced)
· The challenge thread should be used to upload pictures of any of your challenge attempts where you can ask for advice and discuss the technique with other members.
· Constructive criticism is welcomed, but please try to keep your comments polite.
· Competition entries must be uploaded to the separate entry thread before the closing date. The thread will open on Juky 20, 2018 (Please follow the challenge specific rules as to what you need to enter)
· After the closing date July 27, 2018 the winning entry will be chosen using survey monkey and the winner announced on July 31, 2018. There is no prize attached to this challenge.
· If you fail to make the challenge deadline, you are still welcome to upload your soap onto the thread, but your entry will not be eligible for voting. We still love to see anything you have produced.
· Even though there is no prize, this is still a competition. If your entry is deemed not to fulfil the general rules or the rules specific to the challenge in any way, then you will be given the opportunity to amend your entry. If this is not possible then your entry will not be included in the voting.
· All the challenge mods reserve the right to have the final say on whether a soap is eligible for for voting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This month's challenge is another theme based challenge. You must make a soap within the theme of mythological creatures or characters. This means anything that does not exist, only in your favourite book or movie or folklore. For example, unicorns, dragons, leprechauns, pixies, fairies, the grinch, beetlejuice...... Your soap does not have to resemble the creature exactly (unless you want to of course), but you can just take inspiration from the subject, such as a dragon scale soap, or a unicorn soap with just a horn on top or a leprechaun soap with rainbows, pots of gold and four leaf clovers etc.

You may use any soap making technique you like to produce your soap.

If you are unsure whether your idea is suitable then please message me and I will help.

I ran out of time to make a soap of my own I'm afraid. I had great plans to make a kraken themed soap using soap dough which I haven't tried using before, but work commitments and a house move have taken over. I will post it if I manage to have a go in the next three weeks or so though.

Thanks for participating and please sign up using the sign up sheet below.

1. earlene - because I love thunder & lightening so much, I am thinking thunderbird
2. BattleGnome - love mythology, so many options

1. earlene - because I love thunder & lightening so much, I am thinking thunderbird
3. Penelopejane - sounds out of this world.

4. dibbles - I'll play

4. dibbles - I'll play
5. Misschief - thinking, thinking, thinking

4. dibbles - I'll play
6. jcandleattic - this is my cuppa tea... :)

4. dibbles - I'll play
7. amd - maybe inspiration for this month will be better than it was for sci-fi

4. dibbles - I'll play
8. Sonya-m - I can’t remember the last time I look part!!

4. dibbles - I'll play
9. Serene- the hardest part is picking one of the 3 things I am thinking of.

4. dibbles - I'll play
10. scard- fantastic!

4. dibbles - I'll play
10. scard- fantastic!
11. SunRiseArts (✿◕‿◕✿)

Updated the list into one post.

4. dibbles - I'll play
10. scard- fantastic!
11. SunRiseArts (✿◕‿◕✿)
12. Primrose - OK I'm in

4. dibbles - I'll play
10. scard- fantastic!
11. SunRiseArts (✿◕‿◕✿)
12. Primrose - OK I'm in
13. Artemis- time to dig out the leftover soap dough!

I played with some of the soap dough left over from that particular challenge. It is still soft enough to work with, so I made this teeny dragon, just to see if I could. I can't seem to figure out the legs, though...
IMG_20180712_110552.jpeg

Not sure if it is me, But when I click on the thread from the sticky on top of the forum, gives me an error.

Latest posts

Back