July Mythological Creatures Entry Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
Please post your entries below. If you would like to congratulate or discuss the entries then please do this on the original challenge thread to keep this one tidy. Can’t wait to see them!

Green Man, Green Woman

• Cold Process Soap Base scented with Olive Branch

• Colors: Micas and More mixtures of Fruit Green, Hunter Green, Jungle Green and Blackish Green

• Soap Dough

• Custom molds and stamps created by me because even my OCD could not justify the amount of time it would take to manually create each one individually. Regular commercial molds for some of the leaves.

• Hand formed components including the face of the Green Woman and all the decorative small balls of soap attached one by one.
    soap1.jpg
  • interesting reading as I found more about the subject matter http://www.greenmanenigma.com/theories.html

Attachments

• Soap2.jpg
    Soap2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 64
  • soap3.jpg
    soap3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 66
  • soap4.jpg
    soap4.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 68
  • soap5.jpg
    soap5.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Soap6.jpg
    Soap6.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Soap7.JPG
    Soap7.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Phoenix Rising
I have been trying to create a soap using an acrylic fluid pour technique called the Wing pour (credit Kristin Oladatter Steen, who I think originated the technique). I will keep trying this, but in the meantime this was my most successful attempt. Another experiment, the soap is fragranced with Flame Tree (Nurture Soap) using vanilla color stabilizer. The uncolored soap base has remained a lovely yellow-gold color.
Phoenix Rising-1.jpg
Wing Pour1.jpg IMG_20180703_123635.jpg

Pandacorn! Inspired by my daughter's stuffed pandacorn. Claire helped me make the m&p parts, measured oils etc for cp soap (I did the mixing) and placing of embeds. These soaps are for her personal use, so she chose the FO.

Blue eyes and horn are m&p. Black ears and eyes are cp, as is main white soap.

Colors: luster blue and pitch black from micas & more. WSTD from crafters choice. Also glitter dusted with stellar white mica and lilac glitter (also from m&m).

Fragrance: Pineapple Cilantro from BCN. Decelerated trace, and discolored to a light yellow despite the TD, although I did use a light hand with TD to avoid glycerine rivers. Pineapple seems to be holding strong but no cilantro.
20180716_221632.jpeg
20180723_111436%20(2).jpeg

Grandpa Gnome at the Farmer's Market.

The first thing I made was this little gnome. I like him very much, but then, I got this idea for making little portable soaps that look like fairy wings. So that's two separate mythological creatures. Then I thought of another mythological thing, a 100% natural soap that can cure you! Too many ideas! A friend had the brilliant idea to put them all together in one item.

The result:
I added a soap dough table and more soap cobblestones underneath. The fairy wings are also soap dough rolled super thin and cut with an xacto. The signs are the only things not made of soap dough. Grandpa Gnome's beard is painted with TD, the fairy wings are painted with micas and the wood grain on the table is painted with cocoa powder.
IMG_20180724_084936.jpeg
IMG_20180724_085025.jpeg
IMG_20180724_085016.jpeg

Meet Bling the baby dragon. He was originally sculpted in Kato clay (picks up detail really well).
43676392281_ca7d7e4444.jpg

I then made a silicone mold in the butter tub and left the mold in the container to stabilize it when I poured the soap.
42960061284_2a49d6da29.jpg

This Bling is melt and pour opaque white, colored with black mica and highlighted with gold and green and blue-greens. The applied gems are just dots of clear colored M&P.
42960059824_351c46577e.jpg

42773559005_d065811ed2.jpg

The last dragon, awaiting some color, is white M&P colored with pitch black mica.
The gold nuggets are also black colored M&P coated in gold mica. The nuggets were poured in a silicone mold I made to make sea glass soap.
Bling was supposed to be cold process soap but per usual I put things off till the last minute and ran out of time. I will make one soon, in a pale spring green baby dragon color.
medieval-smiley-face.gif

I bet Bling would like a wizard... maybe after I get some more silicone.

Here is the survey link, I am sorry it's so late. I had terrible picture adding issues so I had to wait for my husband to come home and fix it for me and he dutifully obliged bless him! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/7JXTXPX - the password is myth I know I am supposed to PM you all but my membership rights only allow me to message one person at a time every 60s so I normally sit there for ages doing it all, but we are having a heatwave and I honestly don't have it in me to sit here for hours sweating away with no air con.

So I left it open for everyone to respond until today in case we had any more respondents.

The winner is a joint win between Serene and Scard. In second place we have artemis and in third place dibbles.

Well done everyone, I loved each and every one of the entries. You all did a fantastic job and thank you so much for participating! Without you we wouldn't be able to run the challenges.

Latest posts

Back