July 2022 SMF Challenge - Kiss Pour Technique

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peeps, I've been slammed with post-vacation work pileup after being unplugged for two weeks. An entry soap had to be made by this morning if it was going to make the deadline, and I had high hopes... but then an urgent time-sensitive matter just smashed into my Inbox at 7am this morning. Worked on it all day and will be on it most of tomorrow, as well. Sigh.

Bottom line, no soap entry for me this month. Looking at the entries so far, I'm pretty sure I couldn't top them anyway. Looking good, y'all!

Here is a second Kiss-Pour soap I made. It’s a really nice technique, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Attachments

• BBE7B02F-50C3-4CD4-9989-AC4CBCDD1824.jpeg
    BBE7B02F-50C3-4CD4-9989-AC4CBCDD1824.jpeg
    590.3 KB · Views: 0
What is this challenge? And how do you do this méthod?
SMF has a monthly soap making challenge. This month the challenge is to make soaps using the Kiss Pour Technique. If you look back to the first post in this thread, you will find the rules to participate and links to videos showing how to do the technique.

Here is a thread with all the past challenges if you want to see them. It's fun looking through them all.
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/smf-soap-challenges-across-the-years.72159/

My first attempt, it smells wonderful and is pretty, but no feathering because it got too thick. We won't even talk about my second attempt 😤

View attachment 67964
I love that! The colours are amazing. Was i supposed to be aiming for feathering in mine? LOL. I think I should get bonus points for even putting my attempt into the entry thread at all 🤣🤣

I threw my back out and ended up with more doctor visits than I anticipated. Between getting my back fixed up and planning a surgery (unrelated to my back), I’ve just not made soap. My Hercules cutter came in, and I’ve got to get my batch made to cut with that so I can get it donated, but life has been a good bit to handle this summer, and apparently while I want to do more, I’m stuck at bare minimum still.
Here’s my second attempt at a kiss pour that I did last year for a challenge. I’ll pretend I can recreate this design 😂. I can’t wait to see everyone’s, and good luck to you all. 🤩

Attachments

• 9D977315-C59F-4ACD-8EC1-13A31E767C63.jpeg
    9D977315-C59F-4ACD-8EC1-13A31E767C63.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 0
I threw my back out and ended up with more doctor visits than I anticipated. Between getting my back fixed up and planning a surgery (unrelated to my back), I’ve just not made soap. My Hercules cutter came in, and I’ve got to get my batch made to cut with that so I can get it donated, but life has been a good bit to handle this summer, and apparently while I want to do more, I’m stuck at bare minimum still.
Here’s my second attempt at a kiss pour that I did last year for a challenge. I’ll pretend I can recreate this design 😂. I can’t wait to see everyone’s, and good luck to you all. 🤩
As an entrant, would it be mean of me to say I’m glad you didn’t enter? Lol - No,
in all seriousness, this is a gorgeous soap and really I hope you feel better!

Back