July 2021 SMF Soap Un-Challenge - Confetti/Cubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVE the variety of textures and funky geometry. The coloring in the chunky embeds perfectly complements the rest of the coloring.
Thank you! It’s funny because they actually came from the same soap originally! My embed didn’t stick. Even after a rind peeling and scoring. I still have a lot left to confetti. Ignore the middle bar, I wasn’t sure on the forums rules on branding.
A63B4EBE-5941-4464-BB8D-CDA72DC59DF6.jpeg

I used some soap leftovers from rimmed soap I had made for the lollipop swirl challenge and cut the thin slabs into cubes. I love the look of cubes floating in transparent soap, so after pondering making my own transparent soap I decided to use some leftover M&P (already had some with color added) and try out different methods. What worked best was placing the cubes in a cavity mold and pouring in the M&P. I did not master getting the M&P under all the cubes, I think because the cubes cool the M&P as soon as it hits them and it starts to congeal. I tried out different temperatures and different pouring speeds - too fast and you get bubbles, too slow and it cools too quickly as it hits the cubes. I’m sure there is a way to do it. Anyway, here’s what I made. The cubes are scented with mint EO, the M&P with lavender EO.

View attachment 59592
View attachment 59590
View attachment 59591
View attachment 59589
View attachment 59586
View attachment 59585
View attachment 59587
View attachment 59593
View attachment 59588
So so pretty

Back