July 2019 SMF Challenge - Landscape/NOT Seascape Design

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so in awe of all the entries ... gosh amazing work everyone!

I'm five hours into making my first and probably only attempt. Fingers crossed it works out. Should be able to unmould and cut tomorrow hopefully

@Dawni, I'm in awe with how your HP landscape turned out! I was too chicken to HP this challenge.. yours turned out so well I feel stupid for not even trying!
I managed to fill my carved soaps today, so I think I'll be able to clean up and take a picture to enter tomorrow! [emoji16] Now I just have to choose between my 2 attempts. They're so different it's really difficult to decide. I'm generally proud of how they turned out though! [emoji3526] Just hope I don't mess it up with bevelling..

Fantastic soaps @scard. I love everything about them, especially the mountains.
Word. Fantastic job @scard.

Thanks @szaza :) there are several design techniques that I think are doable in HP, this being one, but I am also too chicken to try the others lol. I'm excited to see your entry.

Awesome entry @Primrose! I love how you did the mountains.

Thank you Dawni and Mobjack :D I'm a bit surprised it turned out ok. The technique wasnt as difficult as I thought it would be, just the planning bends my mind a little.
I'm already looking forward to doing the next ones :D

I've had a bit of insomnia this week, so 5 hours and 7 layers actually isnt a bad thing right now hahaha

The planning took time for me too... Figuring out which way to turn the mold, how to fit the sieve for the pencil line, how much time in between to wait considering I was gonna be working with rapidly cooling HP batter... Then all your plans fly out the window because the soap just has to show you who's boss lol

@scard, I've seen you in other challenges and I've always loved your entries so I was really looking forward to seeing what you came up with this month.. Wow! You did not disappoint! I'm completely speechless. The multitude of techniques used and the precision with which you made the soap, just... Wow.

@Primrose Your entry is wonderful! Your soap is so soothing to look at. I really like the colors you used for the sky and mountains and I think the ombre pour adds to the soothing effect. Great idea to work top-down, don't think I would have thought of that. It worked out well for your soap!

The entries are just beautiful! What amazing talent people here have.

I've just finished making mine and it's not going to look at all like landscape. Aargh..I'm disappointed and upset.

I made so many mistakes that I thought I've reminded myself not to. Plus my batch size is wrong, so I'm gonna have such a short soap.

I'm cutting it tomorrow and I'll post how it'll look like. Hopefully I've made correct calculation on the time difference also! What a first challenge for me. Ive newfound respect for this art.

Oh my gosh - the entries are amazing - every one of them. You guys have really stepped up, and I'm so happy you gave it a try. I expect the voting will be very hard.

The entry thread will be open until 11:59 Central Daylight Time tonight.

@szaza I’m in awe! Your design is whimsical and so unique. The carved and filled details are like icing on a cake. I would say the soap looks like a Norman Rockwell painting, but he painted American scenes, so that wouldn’t be quite right. :)

Back