Discussion in 'Lye-Based Soap Forum' started by dibbles, Jul 1, 2019.
Awesome soaps @KristaY and @steffamarie
@Mobjack Bay your soap is a work of art! I feel calmness & serenity settle over me just looking at it. Nice work!
@Mobjack Bay your soap is gorgeous! I am so impressed that you used this challenge as a learning experience for so many techniques. The end result was completely worth the effort.
Thank you Krista. It means a lot to me that you like the soap and also that I succeeded in creating a sense of a place that I love. I also love the desert SW and your soap took me right to good memories spent with family in Arizona. It’s a family I married into the second time around so I’ve only been there a few times. I haven’t quite made it to Sedona yet, but I will!
Thank you Dibbles. I very much appreciate your kind words. The challenge really helped me to advance a suite of skills that I totally lacked only a month ago.
Great job on the soap @steffamarie! The browns in the arch are perfect. I can’t even imagine trying to make that arch!
Wow.. I'm so impressed with the entries so far! Amazing work @KristaY @steffamarie and @Mobjack Bay !
My first batch has been carved and is ready to fill. My second batch has just been unmolded and cut. I hope to have some time to carve during the week and then fill them both up on Thursday or Friday.. I hope they'll set up fast enough to get them cleaned up for the deadline!
@szaza I'm rooting for you! I'm not a carver or ever plan to be as it's not in my wheelhouse of talent, so can appreciate those who do. I can't wait to see how it works out for you!
Such great entries, mine doesn't stand a chance, but I entered anyway. Good job everyone
@jcandleattic I think your soap is lovely. We are so often way too critical of our own creations. And now you can check landscape design off your soapy bucket list.
@KristaY carving is easy! I just find a picture online and trace it on pattern paper (or other see-through paper). I then put the paper on the soap (with a bit of water) and make small cuts through the paper to trace the outline. Then remove the paper and carve the design. No talent needed[emoji16] (though looking at your soap I'd say you're plenty talented [emoji6])
@jcandleattic I love the way the sunset sky truned out! It looks like 2 flaming fenixes to me. Might not have been what you were going for, but still cool!
Since our Rocky Mountains are usually on fire somewhere on any given day between May through October, that seems fitting.
@jcandleattic Your soap is fantastic. I love the sky!
@jcandleattic I think it looks great and can totally picture the flaming sunset! I've seen many Rocky Mountain and Arizona sunsets and the colors range from soft pink/orange to deep vibrant red, often all at the same time. Plus that tall mountain peak..... I think you nailed it!
1. earlene - if I can get it made in the next few days!
2. steffamarie - super excited!! this is a very inspiring challenge.
3. amd - tackling my pine tree nemesis
4. MarnieSoapien - takes a deep breath and steps forward
5. jcandleattic - this is a soap that has been on my list for over 5 years!! Maybe now I'll get it done!
6. szaza - not sure if I'll have time but landscape soaps have been on my list since I started soaping, so it's about time I give it a try!
7, msunnerstood - Because I am a glutton for punishment.
8. KristaY - I was in Sedona last week with inspiration everywhere. Hmmmm....
9. Mobjack Bay - stepping up to the mold and the challenge...
10. Amy78130- Let's do this!
11. Primrose - I have an idea, but time is limited
12. scard- Maybe I can get it made on time?
13.Nanooo48 - this would be my first entry and I’m still a little confused and nervous lol. Don’t get mad at me if I mess up! Or forget!
14. Rahmi - I've been wanting to try soapQueens' landscape so maybe this is the time. Planning to have tweaks too. So exciting!
15. Dawni - can I still sign up? I wasn't sure I'd get time but I think I'll be able to do this tonight.
I hope so!
@Dawni Yes, the sign up is still open!! Glad you can play!
You are so kind, thank you.
Separate names with a comma.