Juice instead of water ....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReddWing

Reaction score
I've seen the post's and I've searched for them...my question is - is using sparkling (carbonated) cider OK to use ? Must I make it flat 1st ? Or is it OK as is ? Is cider OK or is it juice only that's OK to substitute for water ? This is not hard cider.

This will be my second go and it'll be the crock pot type. I'd like it to be a bit better than the chilled lye water and super whipped butter's went for me.

Its also going to be it for a while, til I'll feel like I can do any of the personal care products I find so relaxing to make- I've just inherited a house- I'm grateful... But she was a hoarder with OCD's on top of hoarding--i know there's 6 rings on her bed somewhere each wrapped in what one would think is a used klinex and is trash but no I have to go through EVERYTHING carefully, books will have bills tucked next to the spine so they don't easily fall out, cake mixes are known to be carefully opened several bills slid in and carefully sealed so you can't tell its been opened, jewelry wrapped in foil and labelled as chicken or beef or whatever that I'll have to defrost and check in the centers, doing all this before I can throw stuff away I'm not so thankful for...but I've been told I need to as I should find far more than 7 years worth of taxes and utility bills in cash scattered all through out.

And that's the things she's told me about...she told me to carefully go through everything in the entire house ... there's treasure everywhere if your clever enough to find it. The house junk level average's about 5 1/2 feet deep and solidly packed -- I could be cleaning for years before I'm done...I hope nothing is in the attic ... but I've a feeling there is.

So if ya don't hear from me every once in a while send a search & rescue party out for me...a pile may have fallen on me and trapped me...

I don't envy you having to go through a hoarder's collection of stuff. I hope when you get it all cleared out that you find the house in decent shape. Good luck...and take a break every once in awhile.

Talk to your local refuse system and check into the cost of a large ( truck sized) dumpster. The time it takes to do the cleaning will help you NOT become a hoarder. 5 weeks ago I removed 2.6 tons of trash from my sisters house. I feel for ya...

Oh my. We inherited my FIL's place (my hubby's boyhood home, no less) in 2004...it's been 12 years and we still find stuff hidden in strange places. Good luck, and do take breaks...it'll save your sanity!

Thank you ! I have gotten 12 feet x 4 feet of kitchen floor cleared and readied for its scrub of the decades.... Very happy about ! Some people I know work at a food bank and the 3 of had a system I looked 1st it I wanted I tossed behind me into storage trash can all else when to next and she knows can coding or something-she looked at the #s and print had a keep and a trash-the other one was busy taking out trash & food for the ladies out side to sort & box and load into van....surprisingly it only took 5 hours !
When I get ready for the cupboards the're coming back.
And there's about 8 feet of counter top now....also ready for scrub down.
To date $177.00 in only quarters.....I haven't counted penny's dimes or Nickels in the toes of shoes.

I did get trapped in an avalanche ! One leg was pinned well-i found my phone after 2 hours and called for help it was about 5 hours in total before I was cleared enough to stand back up.
PS are there any females with little but wide feet ? I'm finding size 4.5-7.5 in w & WW brand new in leather mostly and tennis shoes a few sandals... But they have never been worn and before she got chunk and her feet got big.....I remember how she dreaded looking for shoes....i know ladies 4-4.5-5-5.5-6 can be very hard to find...so before giving to churches and shelters I thought I'd offer them up. They are free I'm not trying to do anything wrong here....

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back