Juice instead of liquid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunibee

Reaction score
Hi, I have a query. Is it fine to use cucumber or Neem juice for liquid soap instead of water..for the last Castile soap I made I used Neem infused olive oil and it turned out great . Can I use say DM water blended with Neem and strained or cucumber juice .. strained . Has anyone tried it . Thank you in advance

Is it okay to add water for.dilution if the ph is between 7 and 8 . Foe.my Castile glycerine sopa ?

This is after 1 hour of cooking

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_000846.jpg
    IMG_20210407_000846.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 15
Just wanted to chime in. I don't make liquid soap, but I have used all kinds of liquids other than water with my NaOH for hard soap with little to no issues. Depending on the liquid, quick tracing would be my biggest issue, but other than that, I cannot imagine cucumber water (almost all water) would be any more complicated. Good luck.

Just wanted to chime in. I don't make liquid soap, but I have used all kinds of liquids other than water with my NaOH for hard soap with little to no issues. Depending on the liquid, quick tracing would be my biggest issue, but other than that, I cannot imagine cucumber water (almost all water) would be any more complicated. Good luck.
Thank you Richard Perrine.

Finally got it right. Added a little bit more lye and cooked it

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_115436.jpg
    IMG_20210408_115436.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 9
I made a fresh batch of dish and laundry soap with 100 % coconut oil . But I find there is. Alot of soap scum . I use citric acid in my soap bars . As the place I live in has lot of hard water. Anything other than citric acid for liquid soap. ..I was looking at EDTA. Still a bit confused how to ise it. I reda the post about 39% . But can I add it while I am diluting the soap batter ?

I made a fresh batch of dish and laundry soap with 100 % coconut oil . But I find there is. Alot of soap scum . I use citric acid in my soap bars . As the place I live in has lot of hard water. Anything other than citric acid for liquid soap. ..I was looking at EDTA. Still a bit confused how to ise it. I reda the post about 39% . But can I add it while I am diluting the soap batter ?
Many of us use EDTA. It can me mixed at 50%, which makes calculations much easier. See this for instructions on mixing & usage rates: EDTA | Soapy Stuff

Back