Juice in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathymzr

Reaction score
Hello again,

I am wondering (I do that a lot), about adding strained juices in soap instead of water. Would adding a drop or two of lemon juice help keep the color? Or would it bleach out the color? Maybe apple cider, beet juice, or carrot juice?

I'd like to try adding Aloe, since I understand it helps make lather. Is it best to use Aloe Water or Aloe Juice?

My parrots love blackberries, which are a nightmare of staining wherever they fling them. Would blackberry juice or blueberry juice work for color?

Please share your thoughts about these ideas with me so maybe I can avert disaster. My first soap was a success with family and friends, so naturally I want to try more ideas! Thank you!

Kathy

If you use a acidic juice like lemon in any signficant amount, it will neutralize the lye so you'd need to either adjust the lye or just skip using it.
A drop or two of any juice won't do a thing to the soap or color.

I've used cucumber juice and carrot juice, some have also done tomato juice. I particularly like the cucumber.

Carrot always made the soap overheat but it makes a pretty yellow. Just keep the overheating in mind if using it.

Most red/purple juice like blackberry or beet will turn a ugly brown in soap. I suspect apple or pear may also turn a light brown.

I use store bought aloe juice, it works really well. When using fresh aloe, I blend the gel with enough water to make it smooth, straining big chunks out if needed.

Hi. I've used aloe vera juice and orange juice quite frequently with no problems. I have yet to try lemon juice, but did see a youtube video of a soaper who did successfully use lemon juice.

Back