Juice Extractor

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely! I also go through juicing cycles, haven't done it in a while but need to. I have the Champion juicer and really like it. I would like one of those counter top citrus presses too, just so I wouldn't have to peel all my citrus. It gets a little tedious chopping, peeling, cleaning and assembling it every time you want a glass of juice; especially in the morning which is the best time for it. My all time favorite juice has got to be blood orange, hands down. Sooo good and it's almost that time of year! If you've never tried a glass of fresh blood orange juice then you're missing out. Other favorites include apple, carrot, ginger, grape, and red cabbage. The red cabbage looks red/purple but when you rinse the blade and juicer in the sink it turns bright blue, kinda neat and also very healthy. The great thing about juicing is that you can mask veggies and other stuff you would normally never eat with the sweeter fruity flavors that are typically much stronger anyway. I love juicing, it seemed to help me spark a much healthier lifestyle. The left over fruit/veggie fiber got me into composting, which has gotten me into vermicomposting (worm farming), which helps supplement my aquaponics system. The worms feed the fish and the worm castings make a great nutrient supplement for foliar feeding while the fish waste is the main fertilizer. Meanwhile the plants filter the water for the fish and I get to harvest home grown veggies and fish and start the cycle over again. Hooray for synergy, hooray for juice!

As for storing juice, I personally never have. Most enzymes have completely broken down and oxidized within the first few minutes after juicing and a lot depends on your style of juicer. I do agree that properly stored "home made" juice will be superior to any store bought juice.

Latest posts

Back