Jolly Rancher and Vanilla Color Stabilizer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jean1C

Reaction score
Hi all!
I am going to attempt to soap either Thursday or Friday. ( I have had disasters during July! HAHA...I am over it).
I have had this idea in my head for a soap scented w/ Jolly Rancher. I have some embeds that I want to use and I want the base of the soap to be colored white. WSP's Jolly Rancher has a 5% vanilla content. I DO have vanilla color stabilizer that I am planning to use. Am I setting myself up for another disaster? Would it be better to just leave the base color alone and settle for a vanilla discoloration if I can work it into the design? Does anyone have any personal experience with this fragrance oil?

So so funny! That's mine for this weekend too! Haha!
We must compare later.

I was going to use FO only in my bolder colors and not my
Lighter ones. I have 4 colors planned.
Don't you just love that scent.. It's dead on with watermelons JR.
My niece makes me make her all kids of products with it.. She's 13.

Oh and I have stabilizer but not tried it yet.. Was worried
About the extra liquid since I'm also coloring.

ETA: I've changed my mind.. going to work on solid white bar. You have fun with JR. :) I say try the stabilizer if you aren't doing too much color.

Last edited:
I had hit and miss luck with the vanilla stabilizers. Sometimes it works to keep it lighter however I've found that more times than not it eventually discolors to either light beige or almost a dark tan. Plus that stuff smells to high heaven. I still use it somtimes but you should still give it a try as you won't know if it works with that particular fragrance without trying.

So so funny! That's mine for this weekend too! Haha!
We must compare later.

Okay...I'm in. It's "JOLLY RANCHER" weekend!!! I made 4 color bath bombs with it yesterday. I enjoy the scent. I am sure it will be one of my daughter's boyfriend favorite scents too. (He loves pink grapefruit).

What's next? I saw your autumn leaves soap and was inspired..just have to find a nice scent to accompany it.

I had hit and miss luck with the vanilla stabilizers. Sometimes it works to keep it lighter however I've found that more times than not it eventually discolors to either light beige or almost a dark tan. Plus that stuff smells to high heaven. I still use it somtimes but you should still give it a try as you won't know if it works with that particular fragrance without trying.

Thanks! I've used it before, but can't remember the particulars. I was thinking about doing two loaves...one with and one w/o.

Jean that would be nice for comparisons.. I know many on here would love to see also. :) hint hint.

I had added that I'd changed my mind and was going to work on an all white bar.. So hard for me to not add colors so I have yet to do one! Lol

But I can do JR.. :) to most here it smells like watermelons so my plan was 2 shades of pink.. Small red and green.

OH!! What if you did a few small layers of green...Then an ombre look of red-light pink...An entire white bar would be cool. I think I saw some recently on youtube or Etsy.

I have about 3 weeks till school starts up again, so I'm trying to do some fall/autumn/holiday things for gifts. The Jolly Rancher thing has been on my mind for some time. I'll have to go out and buy a bag to keep on the counter to stop the kids (17 and 15) from complaining about non-food items that smell like food.

Soaping101 on youtube has a video for a white beauty bar, it looks really nice. I made a very white castile bar by using extra light colored olive oil, they turned out fantastic.

Latest posts

Back