Jojoba oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there good or bad or all the same Jojoba?

To my knowledge, the 2 kinds you can get are either the refined variety that's water-white and odorless, or the yellow jojoba oil. It's not good or bad, so you can choose whichever you want. I know Majestic Mountain Sage carries both.

I don't know about good and bad jojoba oil except insofar as I guess any oil can be of variable quality. But generally all you have to do is buy from a reliable supplier and all will be well. (Soaper's Choice is good.)

Please follow up if there was something more specific you needed to know and someone will be along to help.

100% PURE ORGANIC JOJOBA HOHOBA OIL GOLDEN COLD PRESSED UNREFINED

I was thinking of this $16.00 a pound.

I don't use jojoba oil in my soap because it is so expensive. According to the Soapqueen blog, meadowfoam oil is a is a good substitute for jojoba and it's a few dollars cheaper per pound.

Kevin Dunn has observed that cetyl alcohol is a cheap substitute for jojoba with the exact same results.

I will try it sometime and the only problem that I see is that cetyl alcohol has a melting point at 50°C (120°F), and the lye oils mixture must be over this temperature range.

Last edited:
Any one else use cetyl alcohol?
It sounds [FONT=&quot]interesting a lot of uses for it in a lot of things.[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back