Jojoba beads

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorymae

Reaction score
I recently received a sample of jojoba beads. Has anyone used these before? What products do you use them in and how are they used? Are they beneficial like the oil, or just decorative? Thanks for your help!

I've used them as a very gentle exfoliater in CP. Also, I've used them on tops for decoration. I've seen them used in sugar/salt scrubs also, but I haven't done that yet.

I mixed them with sugar in a sugar scrub. I've also used them as the "stars" in my All American Guy soap. I really like the gentle exfoliation they give.

I've used them in my sugar scrubs but don't really notice any added scrubby to the sugar. I have also used them on top of a couple loaves of soap. Mine are really fine.

I ended up with some of these beads and wondered what to do with them too. Now that y'all have mentioned scrubs, that sounds good. The beads seem like they're pretty sturdy -- do they melt when used in a scrub so some of the jojoba stays on the skin?

I haven't noticed them melting. But I've only played with it on my hands a bit, and not with hot water. I keep meaning to use it, but right now I'm kind of hooked on the emulsified scrub I made. Oh! Maybe I should make an emulsified scrub with jojoba beads! That would be fun!

"...Maybe I should make an emulsified scrub with jojoba beads!..."

That's exactly what i was thinking. I'm just about out of my emulsifying scrub, so time to make more. :) I guess the beads are mostly for very mild exfoliation and for pretty from what y'all are saying. I love jojoba oil on my skin, so it would be nice if the beads actually left some oil on the skin.

I love jojoba beads for safe exfoliation on delicate areas like the face. They come in different sizes and I find the smallest ones are the scrubbiest. They don't damage the skin like other sharper exfoliants can (ground walnut shells for instance).

Back