Jewelry making

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade

Reaction score
Anyone else do any jewelry making? I've been on sort of a beading kick lately. I'd love to see what other people are doing. Anyon have any jewelry projects they are working on? Anyone have any pictures to post?

Hello :)
Yeah, I make seaglass jewelry. Not the faux stuff.
Where I live, I have the joy of beachcombing and finding
seaglass just lying there. It's a great way to relax.
I think I can figure how to post a photo. Here goes :)

I love it, Hippietoad!!

I've done a little beading here and there. Mostly just for personal use and gifts for friends.

jewelry

hey there, I also make jewelry. I have sold quite a few peices and people have asked me to make a website and put together business cards. Guess I will. I will try and get some pics up here

I love making jewelry. I've done quite a bit with beading, but most of the stuff I make ends up breaking. I don't know if the string i'm using or the way I tie it off, but they usually only end up lasting a couple of wearings. I ave been successful with earrings on a few occassions.

Karina, are you using a string like embrodery thread or close to it? If so and you are beading with glass beads the beads will eventually cut the string. I have used the beading wire, but then you ahve to mess with the crimps to keep it together. I have also used fishing string like an 8-12 Lb test. Just tie it and use some jewlery glue on it and run the ends though a few beads and cut.
I need to take some pics of my things and get them on my pc so I can post them. My fiancee's mother is a seamstress and we are in the SCA--Society for Creative Anacronisms and we do reinactments for the Medieval time period. She does the clothing and some leather work belts, pouches. quivers and the sort. Then she decided to venture into jewlery making and took me to a class with her and I like it. Havent made many htings, but the ones I have made I am proud of and think they look nice. Anyway just an idea about the thread and fishing string. They say that Fireline is good for beading.

Krickett

i haven't done any for the longest time!!...

love that piece *hiipietoad*...it's beautiful...i love all things earthy and gifts from the sea...have a tale to go with them aswell..:)

I really like your necklace too especially when you can collect something in your own are that is that pretty.

Laurie

There is nothing wrong with promoting your shop. We all do it in our siggies & in our avatars.

Hippietoad- That necklace is fantastic! It is so lovely!

I make jewelry also. I love seed bead weaving so that is what I do primarily but I am just getting hooked on wire work too. I LOVE to bead!

thats lovely my mum has just started to get into making her own jewellery and I've helped her out a bit and I must admit I'm getting quite hooked on it too! lol!x

Making (and Selling) Jewellery

Hippydippymom said:
I make jewelry, fuse glass, lampwork and all kinds of cool, funky stuff.

Hi, have you looked at the US site www.etsy.com for a place to sell your creations? It's cheap to run and easy to navigate. Nice looking and high quality website. I sell my beaded, gemstone and polymer clay stuff on there. I'm trying to teach myself how to make soap, which is how I came across this forum. Best wishes, Soapykaz (from Cornwall, UK).

Hand-Made Jewellery - New Photos

Hi, have you looked at the US site www.etsy.com for a place to sell your creations? It's cheap to run and easy to navigate. Nice looking and high quality website. I sell my beaded, gemstone and polymer clay stuff on there. Best wishes, Soapykaz (Cornwall, UK).[/quote]

Silly me - I didn't add my Etsy shop name: http://www.beautifulandbeaded.etsy.com

See the attached photos for a little sample of my stuff. Please check out my shop - and be sure to look in the Clearance Sale section, as I frequently tidy up, reduce prices and move things into Clearance Sale. Lots of necklaces for $5 each, and earrings for $1. Free postage for second items (including to the US).

Best wishes,
Soapykaz
Cornwall, UK

Back