Jasmine essential oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Jasmine FO. from, "From Nature With Love," but haven't used it yet. It smells so good in the bottle. Sure hope it doesn't smell like cat pee or dog poop & flowers in the soap. If I make a soap that stanks, it goes in the trash. I leave a review & sigh because I have wasted money & time. Ugghhh...... I'll let ya know how this one goes. I am not a fan of essential oils. I stick with FO's.

Jasmine EO has never smelled like that to me. I do have the added bonus of smelling it when I pass by homes of people who own the plants though.
I checked with about 15 vendors at the farmers market. Only 4 smelled unpretty (2 dog poop). So, we are in the minority.

Ylang ylang complete EO smells all flowers to me so I was expecting the same with jasmine

Edit: changed vendor count from 10 to 15

Last edited:
I bought a Jasmine FO. from, "From Nature With Love," but haven't used it yet. It smells so good in the bottle. Sure hope it doesn't smell like cat pee or dog poop & flowers in the soap. If I make a soap that stanks, it goes in the trash. I leave a review & sigh because I have wasted money & time. Ugghhh...... I'll let ya know how this one goes. I am not a fan of essential oils. I stick with FO's.
Don't throw it away if it stinks - what smells yucky to you can be lovely to someone else. Find someone who loves it!

I have Jasmine absolute and in high concentrations, it can stink. The trick is to thin it down to a low concentration so that you can still smell the blooms, but not the unpleasant odors. Civet is a fragrance that was supposed to be delightful in very low concentrations. (cat pee smell in high concentrations?)

I just got home from the Autoharp gathering, and I mixed up Jasmine Grandiflora absolute at 20% in jojoba oil. It is extremely expensive! I explained to people that they could use just a drop of it with a lotion to thin it out on the skin, but no one was interested, even though I was giving it to them. It all came back home with me. 🤣🤣🤣

They were all quite happy to take the lavender absolute blended with 40/42 lavender essential oil from NS. I blended the two at 50-50 and used 20% concentration with perfumers alcohol. To me, it smells very fresh and green. I think next time I make the blend I might use 35-65 absolute to essential oil, or possibly less absolute. Time to experiment.

I think I will try putting some of my jasmine absolute in tiny amounts with the lavender blend. What do you think? Some information on blending Jasmine in natural perfume is here.

Last edited:
They were all quite happy to take the lavender absolute blended with 40/42 lavender essential oil from NS. I blended the two at 50-50 and used 20% concentration with perfumers alcohol. To me, it smells very fresh and green. I think next time I make the blend I might use 35-65 absolute to essential oil, or possibly less absolute. Time to experiment.

I think I will try putting some of my jasmine absolute in tiny amounts with the lavender blend. What do you think? Some information on blending Jasmine in natural perfume is here.

I mixed jasmine with vetiver, neroli, lavender, and ylang ylang complete (per this thread) and the dog poop is gone!

Edit: added the link to the blend

Last edited:
I tried a Jasmine (white) fragrance oil from WSP. Same dog poop and flowers. But not as strong on either. 😭

Latest posts

Back