Japanese cotton cheesecake anyone?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
Well, I was perusing Pinterest again, (dangerous pastime) and what did I see? Japanese cotton cheesecake. It looked SO light and fluffy, I had to see what it was all about. I have several cheesecake recipes, and one of them, the "Almost Lindy"s" recipe, uses 5, that's right 5 eight ounce packages of cream cheese. This Japanese recipe uses only 1! And look at how high it is! The difference with this recipe from others that I've used is that the egg whites are whipped separately and folded in. It looks incredibly light and fluffy. I was thinking of maybe giving it a try when friends come over next week. If you google it, there are tons of recipes. Here's one I found on youtube. What do you think...just one package of cream cheese!
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ES2ajYQXF8[/ame]

I saw this on youtube the other day and thought "wow! That looks so light, fluffy, yummy and delicious!" I don't have a proper mixer at my house but when I visit my mom on new years, I might try to make one.

I saw this on youtube the other day and thought "wow! That looks so light, fluffy, yummy and delicious!" I don't have a proper mixer at my house but when I visit my mom on new years, I might try to make one.
No excuses, if you watch this video, she whisks the egg whites by hand, so get your whisk out! :grin: Actually, with only one package of cream cheese, you could probably whisk away all of the calories in a serving! Have I convinced myself that this is "diet cheesecake"? Maybe. With some fresh fruit, it's practically healthy!!! Oh, I almost forgot...there's no crust, so you save those calories too!

Last edited:
Hand whisking egg whites?

a0ed68c2b414e58e131e7fa1c7ac66e4df4a14d30df577734812cdb95d9aaa99.jpg

I know you wouldn't believe me, buuut, I dont even have a whisk in my house. I "whisk" things with a fork. That how my dad taught me as a kid. I can't fluff eggs like that of course but it works for most everything else.

But, you're right. No excuses! I'll see if I can find time for it. I'll share pictures if I do make it.

Back