January 2021 Challenge Entry Thread - Planet/Galaxy Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impressive! Congratulations to the winners! Perhaps one day I'll be at a point where I can attempt a challenge. 😊

View attachment 53481

I had wanted to make a soap inspired in The Rose from the Little Prince for Valentine's. When I saw this challenge, and the text saying that it did not have to have planets, it could have starts, I thought I could adapt the idea of that soap to this, which meant adding the stars. (I already had the one planet) I wanted to keep the colors light, to match the illustrations from the book, but I was concerned that the stars would not stand out, then I saw a video of someone dusting their extruded starts with black mica or AC, so I used something similar. I got a lot of soda ash but I liked how it looked. I did try to remove it from one bar (bottom left) and the bar on bottom right shows how the look from the back. The rose is made with soap dough and it is embedded in MP. I used a blend of Rose, patchouli and yuzu for the fragrance.
“The Little Prince” is one of my favorite books and I simply love your soap!! ❤️❤️❤️

Latest posts

Back