Jack Frost (NG)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I guess it's been awhile since I ordered this fragrance because about a year and change ago I ordered 10 bottles of it because I have to say it's one of my favorites and everyone who smelled it wanted a bar so I was making tons of this. I finally got down to my last long cured bar of it in my stash and realized I was out so I ordered some last week. I got it this week and I have to say I'm not a fan of this new formula. It's waaaayyy to sweet smelling. It used to have a nice peppermint buttercream scent and now it's just kind of peppermint sickly smelling. I did play with it and added Peppermint EO to it at about a 1:1 ratio and now it's closer to the old scent that I loved but I'm sad that the old formula isn't as good as the old one. I do like that they finally changed the bottles. In the old larger bottles I always had to put the fragrances in a glass bottle or they would eat through the plastic and leak.

I didn't have the old one, but I am not a huge fan of the new one. Neither are customers. I made 16 bars last Oct (?) and I still have 3 left only because I think I gave a few away.
I don't think it smells anything like what I would think it should. But we all have different noses.
I am only keeping it because I will try and mix it with something next year.

This year I will be using the soaps that I have from last year in a gift basket for a raffle... just to get rid of them

I didn't have the old one, but I am not a huge fan of the new one. Neither are customers. I made 16 bars last Oct (?) and I still have 3 left only because I think I gave a few away.
I don't think it smells anything like what I would think it should. But we all have different noses.
I am only keeping it because I will try and mix it with something next year.

This year I will be using the soaps that I have from last year in a gift basket for a raffle... just to get rid of them

Try adding the peppermint EO to it. It definitely helped change the scent to a more enjoyable scent. I don't know what they did to change it but it sucks. I used the ones I made with the original scent as confetti in a straight peppermint soap and it balanced it out too. You might try that with your old bars.

Latest posts

Back