Ivory Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
Ok I will give you all a good laugh at my expense! I kept wondering why no one was talking about using Ivory soap as a melt and pour base. Well let me just tell ya about my experiment!! Get ready to laugh now!!! :lol:

I bought a 12 pack of Ivory soap, cut it up and put it in my double boiler to melt it down. Well after about 20 mins, that soap wasn't melting for anything!! So I thought I would help it out and put it in the microwave. Well it started taking over my microwave like the "Stay Puft" marshmallow man! Holy mess in my kitchen bat man! So if you are wondering why it won't melt, NO GLYCERINE!!! So hope you are all having a good laugh, cuz now it is funny to me, but then.....not so much! **** NEWBIES!!! :oops:

I tried melting a bar of store bought soap once, similar experience. I think it was nutrogena or something & seems like it did the crispy marshmellow thing... never tried that again-LOL!

Oh yeah - that's what happens. You should check out youtube to see all the people who post videos of them microwaving ivory soap.

Never tried that. But I did buy the 12 pack and try shaving it down and heating it and mixing it up to form soap balls. So I ended up with "soap" but you know it wasn't a process I enjoyed and the end product was not really what I was going for.

Live and learn. Off to look at utube. Crazy what people will video!

Latest posts

Back