I've lost my mojo!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
My last couple of batches have not been at all what I had planned.

First it was a naughty FO accelerating on me so had to bung it in the slow cooker.

Yesterday my FO behaved but one of my colours morphed. It was a base of white, pale blue and pale green ITP swirl. With columns of purple, blue and turquoise. Well the blue morphed to brown and it just looked all wrong.

In my wisdom I decided to rebatch after cutting this morning which left me with slate grey soap

Tried to colour it but it's just awful - it's gonna be ugly.

See you in the ugly soap thread soon.

Yeah, we've all been there. And why is it that it never seems like it's just one batch? You've just got to keep on soaping til you come out the other side. Hope it's soon, cuz it really sucks!

awwww.gif

Sonya, I don't think that FO SNAFU was a lost-mojo soap at all. In fact, the general consensus was that it was kind of amazing for an HP soap, let alone a save. IMO, that one was squarely in the "win" column.

I know how you feel, Sonya. I recently had my first two botched batches from 1. Too much water in the first (don't soap on migraine meds) and 2. Old lye (which I think contributed to the issues on the first one too).

I was really worried about yesterday's soap... the colors changed so much in my batter. Light green went to a pus color (my main color which I've used before but never noticed such a dramatic morph) and light yellow went incredibly vibrant orange. It looked like a road work accident! Thankfully this morning, everything is back to where it should be.

Just jump back in there and pick well behaved FO and colorants. :D

Something is in the air!! I also had a soap disaster today, but to be fair it seems to happen a lot to me. My sandalwood fragrance just made my soap chunk up before I even poured/plopped it. Oh well, another one to grate and rebatch !!

Sonya-m, well the good news is that I've heard that the soap gremlins now want to reconcile with you! Please check the photo attached for an obvious proof :)

soap_gremlin.jpg

I'm glad it's not just me!!

I did have AC but already mixed it with other colours now - we'll see what monstrosity I end up with!!

I've dusted the top with silver mica cos it was just so ugly!!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1434911524.514875.jpg

Best guess, it's gonna be a strange blue, teal & grey/purple camouflage type soap!!

In an attempt to make me feel less of a failure I've gone back to my first love, baking!

Focaccia bread is rising nicely.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1434911648.523391.jpg

Oh and here it was before I rebatched, I really didn't like the brown, it was just wrong. How the hell does blue go brown?!!

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1434911725.959238.jpg

I actually liked that! Blues and browns can go well together just like pinks and browns or greens and browns. :) Post pics when you've cut it!

Thats still freaking gorgeous. I actually like it beter!! Whats the fragrance smell like? It looks like a camo soap. I think alot of men would LOVE a soap that looks like that.

Latest posts

Back