I've Got it Bad

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ydpubs

Reaction score
I am a soapaholic... :shock:

I'm driving around to all the Smart & Finals, Cash & Carrys, Costcos etc in my area looking for equipment & ingredients. I am pouring over every website that has essential oils. I am reading book after book. I am pouring over every website, cause when I am not soaping, I have to be finding out more about it. I've started posting here.

Should I be worried? Will it only get worse?

On the upside, at least my hubby is in to it too, so he's not a soaping widower.

Hi, my name is Paul; I am a soapaholic!:lol: Been there, done that. :lol: After 3 years doing this, I still feel excited when I have time to make a batch. Alas, it will get worse! :p

Paul :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
Hi, my name is Paul; I am a soapaholic!:lol: Been there, done that. :lol: After 3 years doing this, I still feel excited when I have time to make a batch. Alas, it will get worse! :p

Paul :wink:

*nods

I'm done for then. :D

ydpubs said:
I am pouring over every website that has essential oils. I am reading book after book.

same here but after botching a couple of 4 lb batches, i'm waiting on one of paul's TOG molds to make small test batches until i can get it right.

:D

paula

welcome to the forum ! Yup it will get worse :)....this is only the beginning....~!!

Loving the insanity!!!

My twins get home from school to ask about a snack and before I can answer one says to the other, "Nope it is just soap. Soap, soap soap, that is all she makes anymore". They are 8. Needless to say when I got done with the soap, I made them cookies!

This is such a great addiction to get into. Much better to say "Hello my name is Jeanette an I'm a soapaholic" then the alternative!!!!

When is out next meeting!! :lol:

lol very very true!
oh and ps what type of cookies!?!?! I love cookies :lol:

Mint chocolate w/ chocolate chips. So yummy! Great combo for soap I was thinking, green and brown swirls!!!!!! :lol:

Oh man, soaping is so addictive. It's the best hobby!

It uses all your senses (except hearing). Sight, smell, touch and even taste sometimes. lol

You get to play with colors, fragrances, size & shape..you get to pick oils and conditioning qualities...I don't see how it can ever get boring.

Yup, it's going to get worse and let's hope it doesn't get 'better'. :lol:

Well after 7 years, I feel I need a bit of a break from the addiction. So this year, I cancelled all but one 3-day open house studio tour (coming up this weekend) and one wholesale outlet. I want to smell the roses in my yard this summer! and go kayaking...

oooh mint chocolate chip is the besssst...thats my favorite flavor hands down... FOR REAL! :)

Believe it or not , I actually did get to a point where I overdid the "soap thing". My whole family had to practically eat, sleep and live soap. I started to hate Christmas time due to all those craft fairs. Gave up making soap and swore that I was done with it! Yeah right. Funny how things can creep up on you. Guess you could say I've fallen off the wagon big time. There is something to be said about moderation. Maybe I'll give that a try. Or maybe not!

fladais said:
ydpubs said:
I am pouring over every website that has essential oils. I am reading book after book.

same here but after botching a couple of 4 lb batches, i'm waiting on one of paul's TOG molds to make small test batches until i can get it right.

:D

paula

Oh yeah, I am paranoid about doing that. I have not made anything larger than 4lbs, but I would love to start trying 1 or 2 lb experiment batches.

Yeah, you are hooked. Welcome! I finally gave most of my soap away because I had enough for an army and 15 new fo waiting to be soaped up. lol. sigh. k

ydpubs said:
I'm driving around to all the Smart & Finals, Cash & Carrys, Costcos etc in my area looking for equipment & ingredients. I am pouring over every website that has essential oils. I am reading book after book. I am pouring over every website, cause when I am not soaping, I have to be finding out more about it. I've started posting here.
Me too. I caught the disease from a friend who has been perfecting her soapmaking skills and recently opened for business. I'll have to confess, I never saw a hobby or handicraft that didn't appeal to me (well okay not needlepoint or crochet) but I've enjoyed countless hobbies and crafts.

I started surfing the 'Net about 10 days ago, reading up on soaping, and then visited several library branches and checked out about a dozen books and read them too. I've read a lot of Soapmaking Forum archives too. Late last week I decided to drop the hammer and I bought the oils for my first batch, hit a bunch of stores: Bed Bath & Beyond, Loews (NaOH), restaurant supply stores, nutrition stores, etc., and finally today I picked up some EOs and I'm good to go!

Making soap is going to have to be pretty bad for me to not enjoy it. ;) I've been using hand made type soaps for a dozen years or so for face and hands, and decided to switch over completely to natural soap, and to give a go at the hobby. So tomorrow I'm going to do my first CP batch, a Castile with coconut and palm added, a choice between four EOs, and maybe use tumeric or annatto for colorant. Tomorrow is the day! :)

Greg/Lovehound

Good for you Woodi. Sounds like your paying attention to your inner self and needs. Maybe you'll get some nice pictures of all that kayaking, etc.

Laurie

Woodi said:
Well after 7 years, I feel I need a bit of a break from the addiction. So this year, I cancelled all but one 3-day open house studio tour (coming up this weekend) and one wholesale outlet. I want to smell the roses in my yard this summer! and go kayaking...

Oooh, I bought the Soapmaker, I love the program! Thank you so much for creating it. :D

Yes, it's important to have some balance and take the time you need to recharge.

Back