I've Got it Bad

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Thank you!

I'm very happy to be here, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I pretty much concur with the rest. When I'm not making soap, I'm thinking about making soap. I'm like a soap zombie, but in a good way. Muuuust maaaaake soooooap.

I knew I was hooked when I noticed that the box of chocolate covered cherries was perfect for a soap mold. I was forced to consume the remaining two layers so that I could use it.

Oh, the sacrifices we make in order to soap.

Digit

cdwinsby said:
Believe it or not , I actually did get to a point where I overdid the "soap thing". My whole family had to practically eat, sleep and live soap. I started to hate Christmas time due to all those craft fairs. Gave up making soap and swore that I was done with it! Yeah right. Funny how things can creep up on you. Guess you could say I've fallen off the wagon big time. There is something to be said about moderation. Maybe I'll give that a try. Or maybe not!

What is this "moderation" thing you speak of? :roll:

I've yet to discover it's true definition....the dictionary says something about avoiding extremes but I don't think I quite understand. :?

dragonfly princess said:
cdwinsby said:
Believe it or not , I actually did get to a point where I overdid the "soap thing". My whole family had to practically eat, sleep and live soap. I started to hate Christmas time due to all those craft fairs. Gave up making soap and swore that I was done with it! Yeah right. Funny how things can creep up on you. Guess you could say I've fallen off the wagon big time. There is something to be said about moderation. Maybe I'll give that a try. Or maybe not!

What is this "moderation" thing you speak of? :roll:

Moderation, aren't those the people in the forum who can edit other people's posts? :wink:

ydpubs said:
fladais said:
ydpubs said:
I am pouring over every website that has essential oils. I am reading book after book.

same here but after botching a couple of 4 lb batches, i'm waiting on one of paul's TOG molds to make small test batches until i can get it right.

:D

paula

Oh yeah, I am paranoid about doing that. I have not made anything larger than 4lbs, but I would love to start trying 1 or 2 lb experiment batches.

you should contact paul about one of his 1 lb molds then. i'm glad i did and can't wait to get busy with it. :D

fladais said:
ydpubs said:
fladais said:
ydpubs said:
I am pouring over every website that has essential oils. I am reading book after book.

same here but after botching a couple of 4 lb batches, i'm waiting on one of paul's TOG molds to make small test batches until i can get it right.

:D

paula

Oh yeah, I am paranoid about doing that. I have not made anything larger than 4lbs, but I would love to start trying 1 or 2 lb experiment batches.

you should contact paul about one of his 1 lb molds then. i'm glad i did and can't wait to get busy with it. :D

YEA! the mini molds are awesome! Ive been using mine a lot lately! its good because you dont need too many ingredients so you can really test things and adjust little bits to the recipe to see the outcomes :)

Back