I've found heaven!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
A little bit of background, so that you can appreciate my excitement...

July 2006 we decided that we were going to do some renovations to our house, including a new kitchen and a new bathroom. We bought ourselves a few luxury items, stuff that we really wanted for the new rooms, like one of those double wall ovens, and a bath big enough to lay down in without bits of you popping out. One of those luxury items was a dishwasher.

We had the new kitchen installed last February - yep, 12 months ago. It took us 2 months for the electrician to come and wire up our hotplate, oven, and give us one spare powerpoint (we did a LOT of barbequing, and eating out)

Then, yesterday, a friend of ours, who is an electrician, but lives in another town, came for the weekend, and wired up everything else INCLUDING MY DISHWASHER!

Last night I made soap, put all my dishes in the dishwasher and went to bed. This morning I got up, unloaded the dishwasher and I am about to go and make more soap with nice clean dishes. HEAVEN!! :lol:

(Mind you, I'm still waiting on my new bathroom & bath :evil:)

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) That is too cool. I can certainly understand your excitement. :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

Dishwashers ARE heaven. I remember the days of hand washing all my dishes.

The worst was back in my college days while living in a house with 12 girls and no dishwasher. THAT was hell.

We hardly ever use our dishwasher. We bought our new home this past April and every appliance in the kitchen is stainless steel, but we have only used the dishwasher for my soap equipment to super clean before making lotions and creams mainly. So glad you are loving yours Becky. Don't put your new TOG Mold in it though! :wink: :p

Paul

Becky said:
A little bit of background, so that you can appreciate my excitement...

July 2006 we decided that we were going to do some renovations to our house, including a new kitchen and a new bathroom. We bought ourselves a few luxury items, stuff that we really wanted for the new rooms, like one of those double wall ovens, and a bath big enough to lay down in without bits of you popping out. One of those luxury items was a dishwasher.

We had the new kitchen installed last February - yep, 12 months ago. It took us 2 months for the electrician to come and wire up our hotplate, oven, and give us one spare powerpoint (we did a LOT of barbequing, and eating out)

Then, yesterday, a friend of ours, who is an electrician, but lives in another town, came for the weekend, and wired up everything else INCLUDING MY DISHWASHER!

Last night I made soap, put all my dishes in the dishwasher and went to bed. This morning I got up, unloaded the dishwasher and I am about to go and make more soap with nice clean dishes. HEAVEN!! :lol:

(Mind you, I'm still waiting on my new bathroom & bath :evil:)
That's wonderful! I can only imagine how frustrating that must have been. Praise the Lord you have connections! :lol: I was the designated dishwasher in my family, growing up. When my husband and I got married...we had a dishwasher. And have moved it with us...ever since. :D Ad as you get older and don't have the same level of energy you use to...and all those annoying physical pains that come with age...she's something I can't live without, now. 8)

Back