I've been remiss...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been enjoying the work so many others here do but have been bad about posting my own pics... So to help remedy that here are a few things I've done in the past couple of months. A couple have been posted elsewhere but I'm proud of them.

Hope you like them...

"Watermelon Nights" with Poppy Seed exfoliant
DSCF0763.jpg

"Enchanted Apples"
(Spiced Apple FO with shredded CP and a mica stamp)
DSCF0834.jpg

"Blooberry Thrill"
DSCF0307.jpg

"Playa Cozumel"
(Coconut Lime Verbena FO)
DSCF0302.jpg

And my first salt bar that I just made and cut yesterday.
Scented with a blend of Lemongrass Sage FO and Tea Tree EO
I'm thinking of calling it "Lemon Tree Assault Bar"
DSCF0826.jpg

Wow! They are all amazing! I love how you do your swirls! The watermelon one is so pretty. I love that color. The brown soap and green soap swirls are perfect.

Beautiful!
The pink watermelon poppy seed is such a beautiful colour, what did you use to colour it?
And the swirls in that circle one...WOW!!
And your salt/assault bar, that's great, and the scent blend sounds amazing. My skin gets really oily and can get quite congested in the summer (heat plus high humidity) and I find that a salt bar works wonders, I might have to steal your idea of tea tree oil in it, that may make it even more effective for me!!
Geez we have some great soapers here!!

:shock: I think I'm in love...
The swirl and colour in the "Playa Cozumel" soap are so beautiful!!

The watermelon one is also a gorgeous colour.

Your soap rocks :D

Thanks everyone... I love trying different effects... especially the swirls. Not quite so simple when pouring into a tube :)

The Watermelon soap was colored with Pink Ultramarine Oxide that I got from BB and I think I added a few drops of red geltone colorant just to get a redder pink. Also I prevented gel which affects the final color.

*gasp*
They're all perfect!
I'm so jealous right now.

So, you are not only a fabulous soap concoctor (is that a word?) but also a photographer exceptionelle!

I love the look of the blooberry one (reminds me of a natural forest) and the lemongrass salt bar is so attractive. If I saw you at a sale table, I'd grab one of each of your soaps above. Very appealing!

Let us know how you like using a salt bar. Mine never had any lather except for the very first usage.....felt like washing with a stone.

Woodi said:
So, you are not only a fabulous soap concoctor (is that a word?) but also a photographer exceptionelle!

I love the look of the blooberry one (reminds me of a natural forest) and the lemongrass salt bar is so attractive. If I saw you at a sale table, I'd grab one of each of your soaps above. Very appealing!

Let us know how you like using a salt bar. Mine never had any lather except for the very first usage.....felt like washing with a stone.

You are so nice to me :) Probably more than I deserve but I'll take it.
I still think I need to work on my photography skills. I was reading another thread about building a light box so that's my next project.

I recently received a salt bar in a swap on another forum and it was wonderful... lots of lather. I'm not sure if mine will be as good since I made up my own recipe... but it sure smells good.

"Playa Cozumel"
(Coconut Lime Verbena FO)
DSCF0302.jpg

I was wondering how this fragrance held up, I'd love to try a coconut lime verbena, but I'm kind of weary of using coconut in CP now after reading a few posts about it. Did it work well for you?

Very pretty! I really love that mica stamp idea. May have to try it on some of my gift soaps. :)

The coconut lime verbena FO held up really well and it's a favorite of many people who have used it. That said... despite the name I don't really smell any coconut in it even out of the bottle. I think that's just a name that Bath & Body Works gave it and several suppliers copied it.

Thanks! I feel like such a dork asking soo many questions, but I've spent so much on fo that were definetly second rate, and I'm just trying to make sure this time around. I did fianally get up the nerve to order this scent and blackraspberry vanilla from peak...I can't wait to get them. I'm still in the process of gathering information an a bunch I'd like to order from soapsupplies next. :D

Don't feel bad... most of us have a cabinet full of FO's that sounded wonderful but never made it into soap for one reason or another. I've been going through making 2# batches to use up a lot of those 2-4oz. samples that weren't quite what I expected (but weren't bad enough to toss). Someone will like them and it's good practice.

There are lots of opinions about who has the best FO's.
I got this one from Southern Soapers and then again from WSP and liked them both very much.

I now generally buy FO's from WSP, Brambleberry, or SGS and have not been disappointed so far as I have with some other vendors.

One thing I've learned is that most of those "bargain" FO's are no bargain... tempting as they may be.

Latest posts

Back