It's time to finally meet you

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! My name is Annette. I live in East Central Florida adjacent to the Kennedy Space Center. I started playing around with Melt & Pour when my oldest granddaughter was little. Every Christmas we would work on a craft project together so she could give them as gifts. The year we made the soap was the most fun and the most popular with the recipients. And at least with M&P it was instant gratification!

I only started making CP a few years ago. Being the right-brained thinker that I am, I started out by working through Kevin M. Dunn’s Scientific Soapmaking book. It wasn’t long before I was in well over my head intellectually speaking (I never had chemistry in school) so I started reading simpler books I could better understand. Don’t get me wrong, I love Dunn’s book and I still refer to it now that I’m more familiar with the soaping process. In my defense, I did make it through making the soaps and the 50/50 lye solution… but really, after that point it was like reading a foreign language written in hieroglyphs sketched out on a cave wall 50 feet under the sea.

Thankfully, sometime last year I found SMF and I am not exaggerating when I say that I’ve learned more from this forum than I have from any of the books I’ve read. I am often dumbfounded (and intimidated) by the depth of knowledge available on SMF, both in past posts and in present time. I feel like I know many of you even though I’ve never posted the first sentence. You never seem to tire of providing help & encouragement to each other and I love that.

I don’t currently sell my soap (just gifting) but I would like to in the future. I have racks of soap curing in my living room and drawers full of fragrances. I profess that I've caught the soapmaking bug, but one step at a time, right?

Hi gardengeek and welcome! I'm only 2 1/2 months old in soap-making terms, but I too have learned so much.

Welcome to the forum and to the soaping fascination (sounds so much nicer than addiction)! I recently consolidated all my soapy stuff into one large (6' tall x 4' wide x 18" deep) cabinet. It's bursting at the seams, so I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need any more soap tools, ingredients, etc. The struggle is real!

Hi gardengeek and welcome! I'm only 2 1/2 months old in soap-making terms, but I too have learned so much.
Yes. Every day SMF is on my gratitude list!

Welcome to the forum and to the soaping fascination (sounds so much nicer than addiction)! I recently consolidated all my soapy stuff into one large (6' tall x 4' wide x 18" deep) cabinet. It's bursting at the seams, so I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need any more soap tools, ingredients, etc. The struggle is real!
Fascination is much nicer and it is a constant struggle...

Latest posts

Back