It's that time again! Annual Fall FO Recommendations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and thought about fall. Maybe it's because we are having a heatwave here... it might get up to 80 today (bleh) though next week it will only get to a balmy, perfect 65. I'm ready to pull out my decorative glass pumpkin, cook some stew, see frost on the trees, and start making autumn/Halloween soaps.

Time for the annual "Give me you Fall scent recommendations" thread. Sorry folks in the southern hemisphere, it's not our fault y'all have your seasons backwards. ;)

I see a bunch of previous suggestions for:

Apple, Jack and Peel
Witches Brew
Various Pumpkins (my favorite was MO Pumpkin Bread but that isn't available yet)
Orange EO + a smidgen of Clove EO

Is anyone planning anything new this year? Anything y'all cannot live without?

Falling leaves and Toasted marshmallow from AHRE. I love falling leaves along w/ everyone else and even though I don't "get" toasted marshmallow, everyone and their mother (ok, my entire family/testers) love it!

I'm also going to use apple pumpkin strudel, and possible bonfire bliss (AHRE) I also like BB's surplus hot apple pie.

So grateful for this thread...can't wait to see all the recommendations.

The only one I've tried so far was Pumpkin Spice from BB and I like it. It's more spice than pumpkin but I just pulled out a bar I made last year and that baby is still going strong. Nice retention.

One of my favorite Autumn scents is Violet Birch from BCN, but they are out of stock right now.

Another is Twilight Woods from Peak's.

IrishLass :)

I just did a soap with a mix of NG "Anjou pear blossom" and WSP "dulce caramelo" which is a very smokey caramel (like slightly burnt sugar) it smells so Autumn!

Also, NG's "apple orchard" it's the best apple I've found so far. I originally bought it for my fall soaps last season, but ended up keeping it all year. Everyone absolutely loves it. It's a great mixer, sticks like crazy, doesn't discolor.. but it does accelerate (as most of the best ones do!)

Last edited:
I got the BB Fall Fragrance Sampler and while soaping my divider fell so my Anjou Pear went down the whole mold. To make it a big enough bar, I layered the Red Apple on top of it and as a dual scented bar, it's lovely, but I love all the scents in it and I am not a picky scenter at all. If I give something a frownie it's got to be really, really bad. My happy faces probably aren't to be trusted because I am so not picky! Lol

I got the BB Fall Fragrance Sampler and while soaping my divider fell so my Anjou Pear went down the whole mold. To make it a big enough bar, I layered the Red Apple on top of it and as a dual scented bar, it's lovely, but I love all the scents in it and I am not a picky scenter at all. If I give something a frownie it's got to be really, really bad. My happy faces probably aren't to be trusted because I am so not picky! Lol

I've tried that sampler and loved the Anjou Pear. The red apple is nice too... I hadn't thought to mix them. My attempts to blend are almost always terrible. LOL.

BTW, that pear works really well with their Champagne. I got the tip from someone on here and just love it. Not a fall scent though...

For some reason I've been on a conifer kick lately. I think it's because the smell of evergreen trees really mark fall/winter for me. I recently soaped with Mistletoe, Christmas Wreath and Balsam & Cedar all from WSP. All 3 soaped like a dream with no A/D and in fact, I had to wait 20 min for med trace so I could swirl, lol. I'm also obsessed with grapefruit right now so I'm thinking of a blend using one of the evergreen scents with it.

Other fall/winter scents that are a must for me are all the traditional baking spices - clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cardamom, vanilla, etc. I'm looking for a good mulling spice FO but the only one I've found isn't available right now.

The others that are a must for me are pumpkin spice, cranberry and orange. I'm going to try a blend of cranberry, orange, cinnamon and clove which will remind me of my MIL's annual orange pomanders. Remember poking whole cloves into an orange? She would add those to a bowl with cinnamon sticks, whole cranberries and a few sprigs of pine or juniper as a festive holiday centerpiece. Just thinking about those scents together bring back warm, happy memories and make me smile. :smile:

I'm working with Amish Harvest right now...OOB is lovely, so we'll see in about 6 weeks...
I also like WSP's Witches' Brew, BB's Chipotle Caramel, WSP's French Vanilla Pear, and Chestnut and Brown Sugar.

I recently received the Fall sniffy sample pack from Essentials by Catalina and plan to order Cinnamon Apple Peach (really like it, also has a bit of pear in there) and Fresh Baked Biscotti (because it reminds me of a Caramel Macchiato).

@snappyllama, I will keep that in mind! I love anything to do with fruit scents, and I don't trust my blending yet because my nose likes every thing. Except NG peach, and I am still burned out on BB Lavender Cedar, although it might be a good fall scent.

@snappyllama, I will keep that in mind! I love anything to do with fruit scents, and I don't trust my blending yet because my nose likes every thing. Except NG peach, and I am still burned out on BB Lavender Cedar, although it might be a good fall scent.

The crisp Anjou Pear and champagne is one of my staples, I don't sell but friends require I always keep it in stock. Its fabulous together.

I like BB's Cristmas Spice, Sleigh ride, applejack and peel, and gingersnap

I like WSP's harvest ale, and gingersnap

I also enjoy soaping with just essential oil blends I make myself :)

I soaped with BeScented's Candy Apple and it smells amazing and soaped like a dream. I also got Oak Leaves and Acorns by The Sage. Smells wonderful, but I haven't soaped it yet.

I recently tried Lavender Apple from NG and was really surprised how "fall-ish" it seemed to me. We have a big apple/pioneer festival here that I go to every year in mid-Sep and Lavender Apple really just reminds me of the scent in the air there. Happy, fresh, and fall-ish. Too bad it's supposed to be 90 degrees here for the next 5 days or so!

I couldn't find the "sniffy pack" from Essential by Catalina.

Pumpkin Crunch II

I'm not a big pumpkin soap fan, but I always try to have one during the fall holidays. This FO is from WSP, and it is fantastic! You can smell spicy - pumpkin warmth. I can't wait to take it to the market next month and see how it sells. It does discolor to a dark brown (I soap with goat milk).

My whole little soap room area smelled wonderful for the past several weeks, and yesterday I made Dirt - now it smells like Dirt!

Autumn Mums

FO from AHRE - I originally bought it for candles and loved it, so this season I used it in soap. It smells to me just like Mums (which I love). It was very easy to soap, no A or D. It's been curing for about 4 weeks now and still smells wonderful. It is a light fragrance, not real strong.

Back