It's Still Snowing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chalk Creek

Reaction score
This has been the best winter we've had in years, at least 10 years. Thought you might get a kick out of these pics from last Sunday. This is our little mountain place.
sw1-13-08.jpg

This is my darling husband, who is 6'2"
sw1-13-08c.jpg

This is me on my snowmobile, looking puffy under 4 layers of clothes :)
sw1-13-08g.jpg

LET IT SNOW!!

Yea, Tab wants to see snow so bad! Sorry Tab. That is plenty of snow CC! You look like you were having a ball on that snowmobile though! We are expecting the rain right now to change over to a light snow fall, then really cold temperatures!

Paul

dragonfly princess said:
I am with you Bret, I HATE SNOW!!!! and guess what?? IT IS SNOWING RIGHT NOW!!!

Yep, here too. AND it's supposed to be 3 on Saturday with a wind chill of -20 to -35. :x

Hate snow? Oh my.... Just make it fun. We snowmobile, snowshoe (I've tried skiing many times, but really stink at it) and will be training my two miniature mares to pull a sleigh next winter. Although chopping ice and firewood and doing chores in below zero temps does have its drawbacks... :roll:

Chalk Creek said:
and will be training my two miniature mares to pull a sleigh next winter. Although chopping ice and firewood and doing chores in below zero temps does have its drawbacks... :roll:

Yeah, my two horses are outside in this 24/7. They enjoy it though. I don't enjoy lugging buckets of feed (I feed mostly soaked beet pulp in the winter) and hay to the pasture though :) Luckily we have a heated water tank!

My little mares aren't bothered by the cold at all. They are so woolly right now, I can hardly tell what's hair and what's mare!

Chalk,
Have you ever come across or heard about a breed of fainting goats? I was watching a show on the animal channel about them. They were the cutest little things, and whenever they get spooked they stiffened up and fall over. Just curious.

I used to work with a guy who had 3 fainting goats....somewhere back in the day there was a genetic mutation where they discovered that the goats just freeze and can't move when scared or startled and they thought hey this is great! throw a couple in with the sheep so if wolves come along the goats get scared and fall down and the sheep get away....so people started breeding for that trait. pretty interesting, i don't know where he got them, but they are still out there.

you have such pretty eyes........

living here in the land of ice and snow I know exactly what you mean about the need to bundle up outside. Our temps are creaping towards -20 and wind chills are closer to -40...... oh the joys of life.....

but it sure looks pretty there......

I don't have any fainters, but did consider the breed before I discovered Nigerians. Neat goats.

"you have such pretty eyes........"
Thanks, Faithy. Guess that is all of my you can see in the pic.

Speaking of eyes, my dh has the most gorgeous eyes, Mel Gibson blue. My heart still goes flutter, flutter after 21 years of marriage. And NO I'm not that old, married him when I was 18.

Guess what? It's snowing again today. Can't wait until Sunday to see how much more snow is up there.

Latest posts

Back